Thread: Power enrichment issue

Power enrichment issue

2014 mustang 5.0 manual, vortech v3 supercharger kit with boss 302 intake and long tube headers. It is a customer car, i did the sc kit install and built the base tune myself.

Car is running well on the street and currently making 523hp and 424ftlbs on the dyno(i know its capable of more just havent gotten there yet) but Ive got an issue where most of the time it doesnt want to go into power enrichment when the pedal % in the enrichment pedal vs. rpm table is exceeded. Tuning on the dyno, I had dropped all values in that table to 10% and would go into pe every time, however when set higher it is hit or miss. It seems to enter pe easier when rolling into throttle rather than faster rate of change. With the enable pedal value set to something like 60%, going from part throttle to WOT very quickly it will remain in stoic, however easing into it will usually result in entering at +-10% higher than the enable value.

Also have an issue of the throttle only opening to about 76% at WOT and at about 6k rpm will start dropping down to about 40%. Im pretty sure both of these issues are related to torque tables/values but just not sure exactly where or what to change. This is my first time tuning a late model ford so how exactly these torque tables work and what all they effect i am still a bit confused on. Also any suggestions on getting them dialed in without a dyno capable of load control would be greatly appreciated.

I dont see it exceeding the current torque table values but maybe theyre set too high?

I have attached my tune, a log of street driving with pe enable pedal values set same as attached tune where it briefly enters pe at low-mid throttle(02:55.7) and doesnt enter pe at 99.5% throttle(7:30.8), and a log of a dyno run with pe enable pedal values set to 10%.

I do have more logs if needed.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Don’t have my lap top so I can review this tune but I’ve run into on a gen 2 not wanting to go into pe no matter what I did with the enable pedal % and the pe enrichment rate was set to .850(recommended by tuning school in Odessa fl( I lowered it to .125 and also lowered the max torque down under torque management to about 750 as it was set to around 1110ish and boom it hits pe as commanded. Did read a post on here that someone had the same issue and the torque management was set too high and they lowered it and that solved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill88stang View Post
    Don?t have my lap top so I can review this tune but I?ve run into on a gen 2 not wanting to go into pe no matter what I did with the enable pedal % and the pe enrichment rate was set to .850(recommended by tuning school in Odessa fl( I lowered it to .125 and also lowered the max torque down under torque management to about 750 as it was set to around 1110ish and boom it hits pe as commanded. Did read a post on here that someone had the same issue and the torque management was set too high and they lowered it and that solved it.
    I currently have the pe enrichment rate set to 1. I will try lowering it but from what i understand that value is the rate to achieve the pe lambda target rather than the delay to enter pe.
    The highest value ive got set in the torque calculation tables is about 754ft/lbs. Aside from that the only torque value ive got set any higher than that is max brake torque under combustion stability limit is set to 10,695ft/lbs but was set to 7,376 from factory. What exactly is the torque management parameter you are referring to?

Advanced Tuner
    I don't have a lot of time before work but a quick glance looks like this is an issue:

Transmission>Torque Management>General

TransStockTQ.JPG

Set to:

TransModTQ.JPG
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results