Thread: New/used PCM

New/used PCM

Hey guy I have an 02 Bravada that I tried to delete some codes in. I was able to read file, license it, delete codes, but now it won't write calibration it fails. Gonna trip again tomorrow after a night with the battery disconnected. If it don't work can I force the factory calibration into with with tis2web and try again. If I put a new PCM in it program with gm tis2 web wil it require more credits to license again even though it has factory programming.

Tuner in Training
    if you put a new pcm in you will need to relicense it and rewriting the old one can be risky and could have to relicense it if you do not put the same os back on

i have free access to all gm programming so flashing factory OS shouldnt be an issue. but if i have to reflash with tis2web it should be the same OS as original wouldnt it. find out later tonight what will happen.

Advanced Tuner
    For these PCMs, try re-flashing a few times. Reboot your laptop, then try it again. I've had issues flashing them with multiple tuning packages, they're just a bit finicky. Any aftermarket stereo or electronics? Pull the fuse(s) for those, they never shut down on the VPW bus correctly.

If you have to flash a different OS or use a different PCM than what's currently in your Bravada, then you will need to re-license it.

Per GM SPS, you need to pull the lower dash panel, grab the splice pack that sits all the way to the outside of the panel and jump terminals A and B. Then flash it. When done, return to normal. Note, I've never had to do this with any aftermarket tools or my Mongoose Pro using SPS, but I've heard some have needed to.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned