Thread: comunicaton with mac book,

Potential Tuner

comunicaton with mac book,

so I recently bought a mac book pro. I installed windows10 and downloaded hp tuners and everything, but when I try to connect to a vehicle doesn't detect interface, with key is on everything connected, Also my computer has these new weird "newer" usb ports, but I have the adapter. windows is not licensed but still have access to apps, and internet. and lets me make changes. so my question is. did I miss something in the processes of installing the software or is could it be my computer? any input is greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Minimum Requirements:
    Microsoft Windows Vista, 7 or Better
    1.5 GHz CPU
    2GB RAM
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0

https://www.hptuners.com/products/vcmsuite.php

Tuner in Training
    you probbably didn't do all the windows updates

Potential Tuner
    I'm using a Mac Book Pro with parallels and have no problems.

Tuner in Training
    mine runs great w parallels...running mt lion tho

Tuner in Training
    Those weird USB ports are USB-C (and also double as Thunderbolt 3 ports). The other USB with the flat plugs we all know and love is USB-A, this supported USB versions 1, 2 and 3.

Was Windows 10 Installed via bootcamp? This process properly injects Windows drivers for the Apple hardware.

Are you using an Apple USB-C to USB-A adapter? Such as the multi-port AV adapter - these have USB-C power pass through, HDMI or VGA and a USB-A port.

If you are using a 3rd party adapter, this might work fine with macOS but not directly Windows due to Windows not having drivers for the adapter.

Im mostly Mac at home, but for the HP tuner I dusted off an old Lenovo laptop, resurected it with an SSD so its not slow, and put Windows 7 on it.
    Last edited by Weasel; 05-25-2018 at 10:24 PM.