Thread: 2015 Malibu Lt stop/start disable issue

Potential Tuner

2015 Malibu Lt stop/start disable issue

Ok, here's my issue I disabled the start /stop feature on a 2015 non turbo 2015 chevy malibu. After disabling the car no longer shuts down at complete stops so mission accomplished. Wrong!! So once in a while when taking off from a stop you can hear the starter try to engage and grind. So what did I forget to do to completely disable the stop/start?? Please advise!! Thanks in advance

You got farther than most folks.

If anyone can figure it out it will be you

figure it out????
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Quote Originally Posted by turbobluemiata View Post
    Ok, here's my issue I disabled the start /stop feature on a 2015 non turbo 2015 chevy malibu. After disabling the car no longer shuts down at complete stops so mission accomplished. Wrong!! So once in a while when taking off from a stop you can hear the starter try to engage and grind. So what did I forget to do to completely disable the stop/start?? Please advise!! Thanks in advance
    Any luck with this?

Potential Tuner
    Why not just put the car in manual mode, shift it to highest gear and let the car shift normally on its own this way. It bypasses the auto start stop BS

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by turbobluemiata View Post
    time shooter 2: Ok, here's my issue I disabled the start /stop feature on a 2015 non turbo 2015 chevy malibu. After disabling the car no longer shuts down at complete stops so mission accomplished. Wrong!! So once in a while when taking off from a stop you can hear the starter try to engage and grind. So what did I forget to do to completely disable the stop/start?? Please advise!! Thanks in advance
    To disable the start/stop feature on your 2015 Chevy Malibu, you can try the following:
    Press the auto start-stop button on the dash until the light goes off.
    Shift the shifter knob to the L position and then to the +6 position.
    Unplug the electrical connector next to the hood latch under the hood.
    If you have already tried these steps and are still experiencing issues, it might be best to take your car to a mechanic for further assistance.
    Last edited by philliplovell; 07-05-2023 at 08:18 PM.

Unplug the battery sensor that?s on the cable and then turn off the codes that it?s setting. If it doesn?t know the battery state of charge it will not do any auto start functions.

Potential Tuner
    There is no start/stop button on the 2015 Malibu. When in manual mode it will only allow you to shift to 2nd gear and will deny any further shifting.