Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PCM with unknown tune, want to overwrite with another Tune

Potential Tuner
    Yes, it is the same calibration (YHX0). I am hoping to borrow the SCT X4 this weekend. I'll post the info as soon as I can. Thanks, Rick

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRRPMBRP View Post
    I bought a 2014 GT500 with a Lund tune, (didn't come with the tuner) Ford couldn't return it to stock either, since they change the operating system. Lund wanted $150 to return to stock, but a new one wasn't but $250, so I just bought new and have the original just sitting here. If yours is tuned by Lund, he'll return to stock for $150, or that's what he quoted to do mine. Mine is a Copperhead, yours may be a Spanish Oak, could be different though, not sure.

Lund is a great tuner but it really pisses me off that they do this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Once he has tuned your car no one else can do anything with it. From logging to minor tune adjustments, diag etc. he basically locks you out of use of your vehicle.

Sucks cause you cant even log a car that has his ngauge tune I have a sct originally tuned by them you can?t open with hp they changed the osid or strategy and hp doesn?t recognize the pids or data since the vehicle strategy has been changed

Quote Originally Posted by curt@injected View Post
    Lund is a great tuner but it really pisses me off that they do this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Once he has tuned your car no one else can do anything with it. From logging to minor tune adjustments, diag etc. he basically locks you out of use of your vehicle.
    Yup, it sucks. They have their own OS - that is why flashing takes couple of mins as each time complete OS is upgraded vs calibration upgrade which takes 40s.

You need to return your PCM calibration to stock using Ford's IDS/VCMII and start from scratch - HPT won't open Lund's tunes which is understandable.
    Last edited by veeefour; 03-24-2018 at 04:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    is the PCM the Same Calibration? YHX0
    Take a read with your buddies X4 write down the strategy and post it.
    Finally was able to get the SCT X4. The strategy is FGDH3S3. I tried applying my VMP tune on it. Although it appeared to load successfully, the car would not crank afterwards. I am afraid I may have just bricked the PCM Lucky for me I still have the "new" untouched PCM from Ford (dealer). I was able to apply the tune to it and the car is running. Would still like to recover the other PCM if possible. Thanks in advance!

dealing with the same issue on a 2012 Shelby the ford dealer said the reload the pcm yet I still get the lund os bs. Has anyone gotten around this issue? what is up with this how is locking someone's pcm acceptable? having to buy a new pcm is that the solution?

You can most likely recover your pcm with ford ids. I have recovered mine after a flash has gone bad.
    When ford ids tells you to turn key ON, dont, just tick yes. Then ids gives you the option to enter pcm info manually, and it will flash the ford stock calibration based on the teartag you entered manually. I cant believe the dealer did not know this.

I got into this exact situation with a handheld and it left my pcm in a wierd state

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceNA View Post
    You can most likely recover your pcm with ford ids. I have recovered mine after a flash has gone bad.
    When ford ids tells you to turn key ON, dont, just tick yes. Then ids gives you the option to enter pcm info manually, and it will flash the ford stock calibration based on the teartag you entered manually. I cant believe the dealer did not know this.

I got into this exact situation with a handheld and it left my pcm in a wierd state
    Trust me they don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by kleistang View Post
    dealing with the same issue on a 2012 Shelby the ford dealer said the reload the pcm yet I still get the lund os bs. Has anyone gotten around this issue? what is up with this how is locking someone's pcm acceptable? having to buy a new pcm is that the solution?
    Lund is messing with BCM as well - you can tell if you want to ForScan some blocks and they no longer respond correctly.
    What exactly are they changing there? No clue but sometimes you need to reset all the modules.

Advanced Tuner
    I can send you a bone stock file to try and upload, but it will be in SCT format.

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Lund is messing with BCM as well - you can tell if you want to ForScan some blocks and they no longer respond correctly.
    What exactly are they changing there? No clue but sometimes you need to reset all the modules.
    I'll probably take it again tomorrow see if it works this time. ty

Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    I can send you a bone stock file to try and upload, but it will be in SCT format.
    I'd appreciate it. I would like to have one to compare. ty