Thread: FG PCM Throttle limiter

Potential Tuner

FG PCM Throttle limiter

Hey guys, I have a FG XR6t motor converted into my eb falcon.

The PCM was a Auto that i have flashed to a turbo manual as im running a manulised btr trans.

I have played with every setting possible to null this out but im at a loss. I have a throttle limiter of 34% thats been commanded to do so.

I have disabled all speed inputs, raised neutral limiters even disabling the DTC for the speed.

I have attached the tune and log for you to look at.

Cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't been able to test this yet, but try splicing your reverse light out to the reverse light pin on the ecu. fgs do funny things when theres no reverse light signal at the pcm, I assume itll be looking for like .5v as a way of knowing the switch is hooked up.

in saying that, you can actually leave the auto enabled and increase the torque limits for any trans fmem tables as well as raising neutral rev limits and editing some torque management settings.
    doing this is also stops it from going into limp mode after 10-15min with no speed source.
    another thing to look at is your pedal settings. some pedal settings just wont work in a conversion. copy the entire throttle page from another fg tune that has different settings.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    I haven't been able to test this yet, but try splicing your reverse light out to the reverse light pin on the ecu. fgs do funny things when theres no reverse light signal at the pcm, I assume itll be looking for like .5v as a way of knowing the switch is hooked up.

in saying that, you can actually leave the auto enabled and increase the torque limits for any trans fmem tables as well as raising neutral rev limits and editing some torque management settings.
    doing this is also stops it from going into limp mode after 10-15min with no speed source.
    another thing to look at is your pedal settings. some pedal settings just wont work in a conversion. copy the entire throttle page from another fg tune that has different settings.
    legend ill give it a crack tommrrow. It sucks to drive considering its a 4k stall in it and it tags it at 2800rpm.

I will defiantly let you know what it does.

Potential Tuner
    just another thought...... if the oil pressure switch is disconnected i.e open circut can that cause this? i still have the oil temp on it i just took the switch out for the eb sport cluster.

Advanced Tuner
    it shouldn't, but just earth it somewhere

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried disabling the torque management switch and running OL boost control?

Advanced Tuner
    we've tried heaps of shit lol.
    have a read of this thread - https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...turbo-jet-boat

its been an issue for a long time and theres been many things tried. the way I was running the tune I haven't come across any of the random bullshit issues with fg na and especially fg turbo pcm in conversions with no speed source etc. boost control seems to work as it should and have no throttle limiting issues or random stalling - though they can be a cunt with pedal settings at times!
    I haven't been leaving the reverse light switch pin in the ecu plug when I do looms, so i'd be curious if having the reverse light switch signal would mean a normal manual xr6t tune would work with no issues so I can stop using the zf6 work around.

Advanced Tuner
    this was what made me think of the reverse lights, without a reverse light switch signal the pcm infers reverse and limits torque/rpm etc to what it sets in reverse. not sure if I've seen a log with any of the current gear type pids for turbo tunes, but I've never seen reverse in any of the na logs I've done.

anyway, would be mint if we can get a few ppl to make the wiring change and do a few logs to get some data from a couple different setups.

reverseswitch1.jpg
    reverseswitch2.jpg