Thread: 14 procharged sierra tuning issues NEED HELP PLEASE

Potential Tuner

14 procharged sierra tuning issues NEED HELP PLEASE

I am fairly new to HP tuners and dont have much experience with tuning the GM stuff so bare with me.
    I have a 2014 gmc sierra with a D1-sc procharger, big red race valve and long tubes headers. 4.25 pulley makes 10ish Psi tuned on 93. stock cam just bolt on stuff. I assume most of the file would be similar to stock drivability wise so it confuses me to why this problem is occuring.

The truck has been to a few reputable tuners in south florida and cant seem to get the issue straightened around. The truck seems to run fine aside from the issue it has on a long decel. For example merging on the highway, a long deceleration with the AC on, as the truck slows down, the short term fuel trims jump to approx. 40% and stay there until i come to a stop. as i come to a stop the truck realizes the fuel trims are pig rich and tries to compensate causing the truck to surge and eventually stall. I usually can throttle back into it to get the fuel trims to return back to normal or drop it into neutral and clean it out and the fuel trims will drop back down. It doesn't occur all the time but it does it quite often and will even do it occasionally with normal city driving. it seems like it is more common with the AC on, when the AC is off the truck drives usually without a problem. Ive reached out to multiple tuners trying to get advice but most of the time i get the "it needs to be flashed back to stock" and wanting to charge me for a full retune when it could be something simple. The truck was originally tuned by Fasterproms and after some playing around and a couple retunes is when the problem started occuring. after many changes to the tune we couldn't figure out what was causing it. So i took it to redline on the east coast of florida and explained my issue. They said they can fix it that its probably something simple. so redline tuned the truck and claimed to fix the problem but go figure the problem still existed after being charged for a full tune. i was told we could datalog the problem and remote tune since i lived far from redline but eventually never got any adjusted tune after many calls and emails with many excuses but no answers. Im not here to bash any tuners of their work i just need help with possibly getting different opinions on something in the tune to adjust that could be causing the problem. Im so frustrated with the truck that ive been tempted to sell the blower and put it back to stock. I cant let anyone really drive the truck as it can be unsafe when it starts surging and stalling in traffic. Im running out of options and would greatly appreciate any advice if someone can look over the tune and datalog and maybe shed some light on my issue. thank you in advance! I do have HP tuners and the ability to make changes to the tune myself but i do not have the stock file for the truck. I attached the current tune in the truck along with the datalog of the truck when it surges. the surging occurs at the end of the log when i merge off the highway.

redline tune datalog.hpl2014sierraRedlineTune.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Do you have a wide band?

Tuner in Training
    Another thing you deceleration fuel cutoff tables are zeroed out. you may need to copy the tables for the DFCO over into your tune file. the truck looks is going into open loop while you are slowing down. It has to be something in the DFCO tables. the enable and disable speeds are all set to zero.

Potential Tuner
    I do not have a wideband on the truck and I have played around with the dfco values cause I noticed they were all set to zero but I didn?t seem to get anywhere with that. But maybe they weren?t the necessary values. when you say to copy the tables for dfco are you referring to tables from a stock file for my truck?

I would try a couple of things.
    Completely disable DFCO in all the areas.
    Try unplugging the rear o2's and disable the tests/codes, they will screw with fueling too.
    Try a maf/VVE blended tune.
    I would also install a LS9 map sensor, and make sure the baro is broke out of the maf.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Potential Tuner
    I don?t have much tuning capability beyond maybe disabling the dfco. As for the o2s I already have one set of o2s eliminated as the truck doesn?t have any cats on it now. Forgot to mention that in the OP. For disabling the only o2s remaining wouldn?t that create other problems that would have to be modified in the tune?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    as mentioned you need to breakout harness for the MAF as it will cause issues
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    After some research seems like it?s almost a necessity on the newer engines with centri blowers or turbos with getting a tune dialed in and all the kinks worked out. Aside from the harness installation How much of the tune needs to be modified after breaking out the baro and possibly the iat? Something relatively easy or a good amount of the tune will need to be changed?

Potential Tuner
    MAF breakout harness with the zr1 3 bar with the proper adjustments in the cal fixed the surging issue and truck is running good. thank you to all that helped me with my problem!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bcunningham1 View Post
    MAF breakout harness with the zr1 3 bar with the proper adjustments in the cal fixed the surging issue and truck is running good. thank you to all that helped me with my problem!
    thank you for the feed back. I'm certain the break out harness helped a ton since learned baro can mess with the entire tune. I'm sure DSTECK and other experienced tuners can vouch for this much needed mod.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85