Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2.8 duramax tuning help

Tuner in Training
    I seem to have figured out a tune that works without causing a problem. The truck makes more power, better to grive, and seems to get better MPG. If you have any advice on making it better let me know. Thanks.

My truck tune.hpt

I had a quick look at it last night, I don't have my laptop with me right now, but it was oblivious to me you must have copied over someones tune over yours. There were tons of maps changed ever so slightly stuff that is completely irrelevant , which is typical when you compare files of various model years.

My advise for now would be to go back to your bone stock file and ONLY modify maps that you need to. Raise the Torque limiters, leave the desired boost alone, leave the timing alone, add some duration. As for trans tuning, I left all the shift times alone and added about 10% pressure to mine in all gears and raised the torque limiters that's it and it shifts awesome (once it goes through the learning).

Definitely start over with YOUR clean stock file its a mess right now.

Tuner in Training
    I did look off a tune that was from a guy who had his tuned by duramaxtuner.com. I did change some things but I also figured out that my HPtuners file wasn't showing me everything. I was working with HPtuners and they finally got everything working right. I will start over with me tune to see what i can figure out.Thanks

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickleepierce91 View Post
    I did look off a tune that was from a guy who had his tuned by duramaxtuner.com. I did change some things but I also figured out that my HPtuners file wasn't showing me everything. I was working with HPtuners and they finally got everything working right. I will start over with me tune to see what i can figure out.Thanks
    Anymore on your tune? Curious about trying to tune mine myself. Did you ever reach a desired tune.