Thread: 2013 SRT8 challenger, Eforce, cam 6spd. Lean spot off idle. (TIP in)

2013 SRT8 challenger, Eforce, cam 6spd. Lean spot off idle. (TIP in)

I got this car dialed in pretty darn good, using the NN off and calibrating the injectors to get fuel trims very close to zero. My VE tables at high load I adjusted so at WOT my actual air fuel is very close the my command air fuel (stoich+PE) and used the VE tables as well to fine tune the fuel trims once I got the injector tables to within +or- 4%

The only issue I have now (Aside from fixing some cold start idle issues) is on tip in it goes lean. If you rev in neutral you get a hesitation right as you hit the throttle as it goes momentarily 18:1, and as you floor it on the dyno it goes aprox 16:1 for a moment. (Gives it that quadrajet carburetor bog sensation).

I have not attacked this issue yet, as I was looking for what would be the best way to approach it. I currently have closed loop disabled to insure that was not effecting it. I was going to approach by chaining the VE in the areas or airflow/rpm I am seeing when giving it a quick rev or tipping into the throttle getting into boost, but was not sure if that is the correct approach. I do not see much that is changeable for transition fuel (accelerator enrichment or anything similar).

Any help in the best direction to go would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone spots anything in the tune that looks wrong, I am fully open to constructive criticism .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Enrichment Rate

Raise that or max it out which is .5000 I think and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Engine>Fuel>Power Enrich>Enrichment Rate

Raise that or max it out which is .5000 I think and see if that helps.
    Thank you much Jay, I will give that a try and report back later today.

Advanced Tuner
    That may not help with the lean tip in but it might take care of the bog or lean spot when you go WOT.

Senior Tuner
    I agree with Jay and you can also try to increase the Manifold Volume value more. It aids with predictive airflow and can help with tip-in delays.
    Last edited by ElecTech; 03-14-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    That may not help with the lean tip in but it might take care of the bog or lean spot when you go WOT.
    What do you think about using VE to correct the lean tip in? WOT fueling responded really well to VE once injectors were properly sized

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet35th View Post
    What do you think about using VE to correct the lean tip in? WOT fueling responded really well to VE once injectors were properly sized
    It all should work together.
    Jaime