Thread: What is this sensor?

Advanced Tuner

What is this sensor?

Here are some pics of a sensor on my 14 GT500, has a vacuum/boost source, and a temp sensor sticking out the side, plus another place to hook another line, that's not hooked up. It's just laying on the intake, at the back of the blower, passenger side. I bought this car used, they're not supposed to have a MAP sensor, not sure what this is? Anyone take a guess? Wiring looks stock, but sensor isn't mounted to anything, maybe some b/s been removed? I tapped into it's wiring to get a 5v source to hookup a MAP sensor for HPTuners.

KIMG0769.jpg

KIMG0770.jpg

KIMG0772.jpg

Advanced Tuner
    That is the Supercharger Inlet Pressure sensor keep it connected with the vacuum source. This is usually attached to the EGR but looks like it has been deleted. If you take this off it will cause problems, If I remember correctly this is part of measuring the pressure drop coming across the throttle body.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, thanks for the explanation. Is the other hose barb supposed to be connected to anything?
    Is it supposed to be mounted to anything? And yes, looks like egr has been deleted, as it has a blockoff plate on it.
    Does the temp sensor do anything?

Advanced Tuner
    I usually just put a vacuum cap over the other barb it used to go to the egr. The part that your calling a temp sensor is what plugged into the egr(it may be a temp sensor I don't remember) But they are usually heat shrinked like yours is so its fine.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Devildog1325 View Post
    I usually just put a vacuum cap over the other barb it used to go to the egr. The part that your calling a temp sensor is what plugged into the egr(it may be a temp sensor I don't remember) But they are usually heat shrinked like yours is so its fine.
    Yes, but what temp did it measure? Maybe egr temp?

Advanced Tuner
    I was logging & dialing in the maf yesterday, and realized that these cars have a fuel pressure sensor, so i logged it too, saw pressure from 25-75psi, and still going lean. Is this pressure normal? Or do I have fuel supply problems?
    Seems like there are fuel pump settings in HPT too, maybe i need to adjust those? It has some kind of pump booster, ill check see if its working too, Ill be back on it on Monday