Thread: Need Major Help!

Potential Tuner

Need Major Help!

Ive got a 99 silverado i swapped a lq4 into. It has a comp 228/228 cam, 143 heads thats been shaved, lt headers, btr dual valve springs, and thats ablut it motor wise but i can not for the life of me get the tune right ive got it idling good and get ready to do some road testing then change something and just goes right back downhill ive read on here and bought and read books still no good information and everybody just keeps telling me the same thing which is to look at ve tables and maf tables which ive done no difference im running too rich and now it wont even crank without gas anymore im still completely lost so someone please help with something

Potential Tuner
    Ill upload my tune file tomorrow morning i really need the truck finished up by tomorrow evening

Whatever changes you are doing are likely too much or too little to your fueling tables.

If you don't have a wideband you can't really go much further without running yourself in circles.

Tuning the VE and MAF are still what you have to do. Each has to be done separately, so you can't tune the VE with the MAF active and no MAF tuning with the VE active. Your year computer if all factory will have 2 VE tables, where you make changes to the secondary table in speed density and apply the changes to the primary table with some use of the interpolate function because the secondary VE table has less resolution.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I have the aem wideband i just dont really know where else to mess with without messing myself up maybe tomorrow when i get my file on here you or someone can chime in on what im doing wrong its driving me crazy

Create a wideband error with your wideband in the scanner so you can correct the fueling within the tune.

The wideband has to wired into the MPVI or the vehicles computer for this to work.

I use the EGR circuit if using the non pro version. This video shows you how, the AC or EGR circuits both work but if you have AC use the EGR circuit.

2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I have the pro version i havent had it plugged in just the power and ground wired up ill havw to go look n see which wires go where onto my interface tomorrow wasnt quite sure what it would do being plugged in that way also

Tuner in Training
    For those with a PRO unit...https://youtu.be/V2E_4_RHebU