Thread: Swapped from MT82 to Magnum XL and lost cruise control

Swapped from MT82 to Magnum XL and lost cruise control

THIS IS NOW FIXED IN THE LATEST HPT BETA. Under TRANS / MANUAL there is a gear ratio section.

I swapped to a Magnum XL with 2.97 first gear. My speedo works and is accurate. I adjusted the VSS to 12, the gear ratio to 3.31 and the gears to the correct ratio in the trans portion of HPT. I only have cruise in 4th gear? Any help?

Thank you
    Last edited by Racerbox77; 05-01-2018 at 09:43 AM.

What strategy or box code ? you should have access to gear ratio , min and max . Once you update with actual ratio you re done and cruise should work.

Are you using an Abbott box for the speedo calibration? Have you run the VSS sensor back to the ECU harness and you still have issues?
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

I'm not using an Abbott box. I've read they're hit or miss. My speedo is accurate. I connected the 2 wire sensor off the trans to the 3 wire harness on the car. I didn't connect the violet wire.
    I have the gear ratio correct in hpt.
    4th gear cruise works only. If I change the vss from 12 none of the gears work. So I don't know if there is a specific number it needs to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex5.0 View Post
    What strategy or box code ? you should have access to gear ratio , min and max . Once you update with actual ratio you re done and cruise should work.
    Have you done this yourself? I'd love some more info. I changed the gear ratios in the trans section as well as the rear gear (but thats seperate and was done a while ago).

I ve done with BLV2 , BLV2 , NPY2 . All with the abbot box and gear ratios change for the actual ratio and min/max.

I never try to not use the speedo box so I cant say why yours is not working.

Tuner in Training
    speed is given from body control module aka wheel speed sensors (abs sensors), cruise control has to have the output shaft speed sensor working correctly, and trans ratios calibrated correctly
    LSX AM 444
    Runner up in points 2011
    3rd in points 2012
    8.14@166 all motor
    Driver/ Tuner car 414 Texas mile 263.2mph

What is your strategy? What is the year of the car? I went straight from the VSS output to the ECU. As stated in the last post, you must have the gear ratios correct in the tranny and the correct min and max as well. Cruise works in 4th because of the 1:1 ratio. Get the other gear ratios correct.
    2012 Mustang GT with S/C
    4Runner with S/C
    Turbo/NOS Hayabusa - 320RWHP

Is the is right? Maybe I have it connected wrong but then why would cruise work in 4th? This is how I hooked up the speed sensor. I left the wire with the X in through image unconnected. I have VSS set at 12. I have the gear ratios correct for the close ratio Magnum 2.95 from Tremec's website.
    Idk.

web hosting images free

With the Abbot box and corrected gear value , Cruise is working for most of guys . But your method correct the speedo but not the cruise control apparently .

If you tried everything , your are a couple of dollars to have a cruise control

THIS IS NOW FIXED IN THE LATEST HPT BETA. Under TRANS / MANUAL there is a gear ratio section.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 15PSI View Post
    What is your strategy? What is the year of the car? I went straight from the VSS output to the ECU. As stated in the last post, you must have the gear ratios correct in the tranny and the correct min and max as well. Cruise works in 4th because of the 1:1 ratio. Get the other gear ratios correct.
    Hi,I need help, I have 2016 Mustang GT PP Roush supercharger tuned by Roush with t56 magnum XL, am having the same issue, cruse control doesn?t work only 5th also am going on limp mode (getting a transfer case torque limitation) no light on dash, gear ratio was adjusted by VCM Editor Trany-Shift general-Gear ratio-Gear ratios vs Gear(2.97, 2.10, 1.46, 1.00, 0.80, 0,63, Re2.90) my VSS from speedometer is at 34 PPR, I think am missing something? you mention something about adjust min and max gear? what is the proper number to adjust that (Trany-Manual-Gear ratio) BTW am using all in one harness was sent with the whole kit from modern drive line by Bowler Performance. Not much I can do the all in one only VSS pulse count and rear gear ratio and tire and already done, please if u have any info or advice that can help to solve my problem I appreciate.

Thank you