Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Launch Control (N2MB WOT BOX)

Tuner in Training

Launch Control (N2MB WOT BOX)

I've recently installed a N2MB wotbox on a BA xr6 turbo, no lift shift works flawlessly with the automatically set 350ms ignition cut. Same cannot be said once you do anything more than a second of ignition cutting with launch control. The system goes into an OL - fault and cuts all fuel and airflow.

Has anyone solved this problem with piggy pack ignition control systems?
    Last edited by mondc95ba; 03-18-2018 at 09:15 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What codes are logged and what torque and spark source is logged when it Faults?

Advanced Tuner
    have you got it hooked up to reference the pedal or tps?

Advanced Tuner
    seems like its just a misfire detection issue.
    I know its not a mustang but this all makes sense...
    disable the misfire detection in the engine diag

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...xperience.html
    https://themustangsource.com/forums/...013-gt-535751/

Tuner in Training
    From memory the spark was referencing the MBT and disabling torque management had no effect (I'll verify again though).
    Unfortunately can't read any codes as none are logged.
    The car only faults for maybe 2-5 seconds after 2 step and then corrects itself so it not a long term fault code. Maybe I have to have it happen more than 6 times in one drive to bring the code up as a MIL.

I have the wot box referencing the TPS, and I'll give disabling misfire detection a go. I am pretty sure I have disable it before though.
    Will post back here with results.

Advanced Tuner
    No misfire codes log. I have disabled misfire detection / repetitive spark etc, but with mine I simply have a drop in airflow and corresponding drop in inj_pw. Only for a few seconds.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah that's same here mate, fuel system status goes open loop acceleration/deceleration. Then immediately goes into open loop fault.
    I was thinking of pairing it with the factory fuel cut neutral limit, but that's being a pain.

Advanced Tuner
    do you have any logs?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    do you have any logs?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried leaving torque management enabled but editing the actual fuel/spark/etc cut tables so they aren't active?

Tuner in Training
    I don't think you can see it in that log i took but i do have torque source logged and it displayed driver demand as i was testing. I have set fuel cut torque management to 0 and the spark cut torque management set to 1 to disable both driver demands.

No other torque source was logged, should i be looking at something else?

Advanced Tuner
    I was chatting to you on FB messenger about it. If it was a simple tune fix...I would have figured it out already. I very much doubt anyone here will provide any meaningful help.

Tuner in Training
    hahaha the more you know. Just thought i'd see if anyone here knew anything...

Advanced Tuner
    its one of those things that's worth being on the forum, someone somewhere will have something to add...eventually lol

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    its one of those things that's worth being on the forum, someone somewhere will have something to add...eventually lol
    Bumping this thread as this is the only one I've seen on the issue. On my Copperhead US car I was experiencing the same issue. After reading through Ford's OBD documentation on misfire detection I found it was actually a coil test monitor that was active at 3200rpm and below. HPTuners doesn't have this defined in any Ford calibrations that I've come across but I did find it in SCT Advantage.

coil test.jpg

Tuner in Training
    IH8TOADS and I have narrowed it down to what we think is the spark being blown out by the unburnt fuel mixture. (same you get when running higher boost levels).
    You are going to need a voltage booster/stabiliser, adjust your dwell time and dwell voltage at 16v and increase the spark gap accordingly.

Advanced Tuner
    I h8 toads is on the ball on the calibration side. id lean towards mechanical issue with him on the keyboard with some time on the car

I got a v6 15 doing this. Did you figure it out?

Tuner in Training
    Increase spark gap, increase spark power either by a. Lowering dwell and increased coil voltage or b. Just increasing dwell a little. It's a recipe you've got to get right and different for all applications.

The open loop fault issue?