Thread: CAM CTSV Cold Start Surge

Tuner in Training

CAM CTSV Cold Start Surge

Hello,

I have a CTSV with BTR Stage 1 Cam (223/238 .610"/.585" 120+6), headers, 2.4 upper pulley, and an LS7 TB when the temps get cold (below 50F or so) I get a surging idle a few seconds after start. Car is tuned is running MAF only. I have been searching the issue for a while and have tried a few recommendations given by others experiencing similar issues. I wonder perhaps if I didnt make large enough changes and missed my "fix". Hopefully I can get a recommendation here to try next I am at a loss.

I have tried raising and lowering idle timing.
    Raising cold min airflow ~10%
    Tried reducing proportional idle adapts
    Tried increasing idle speed ~700 rpm
    Tried messing with OL Eq ratio
    Tried messing with startup airflow
    Tried with VE enabled
    Finally I tried Increasing fuel in ivt range ~15%

Unfortunately the wideband cable hit the header so the wideband is not hooked up in the scan, as I have not been able to find a replacement.

2013_CTS_V-IVT increase cold.hptcold surge.hpl

have you tried increasing the base airflow ECT multiplier in the ECT regions where you're having the surge

Tuner
    I used to have that same cam in my ZL1. It ran flawless. No surge or startup issues. Not sure if this will fix your issue, but your airflow final minimum is too low for that cam imo.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. I will run it with raised airflow in the morning and report back.