Thread: Output Video Size - Always the same regardless of "Picture Scaling Quality" slider se

Potential Tuner

Output Video Size - Always the same regardless of "Picture Scaling Quality" slider se

The size of my output video (and the time required to render it) doesn't seem to vary no matter what setting I use on the "Picture Scaling Quality" slider and it is quite a bit larger than the same video produced in DashWare at 100%. I am using version 3.6.4, which I think is the latest. Any ideas on how to get the output video smaller?

Picture Scaling Quality is purely a quality vs CPU time adjustment. To reduce the actual output video file size, you could reduce the video compression bit rate and/or the picture height (ie resolution). These are set automatically based on your Output Profile selection, or you can get finer control over this stuff by clicking the Advanced settings check box.

Potential Tuner
    As far as I can tell, there is no difference in rendering time regardless of the Picture Scaling Quality setting.

I don't see an Advanced Settings checkbox. Where is it located?

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by LWMcQ View Post
    As far as I can tell, there is no difference in rendering time regardless of the Picture Scaling Quality setting.

I don't see an Advanced Settings checkbox. Where is it located?

Thanks for your help.
    The actual time impact of the Picture Scaling Quality will vary, depending on your project configuration, and the performance of other items that may be a bottleneck (ie file I/O, media decoding & encoding speeds, etc).

The Advanced Settings checkbox is located on the Create Video screen, left side, about half way down. You can see it in the screenshot here: http://RaceRender.com/RR3/docs/CreateVideo.html