Thread: Application key issue?

Tuner in Training

Application key issue?

I used a friend's laptop to edit a previously licensed tune on my car because the battery on my laptop was low. I had to enter my application key in order to connect to my vehicle (still using my Pro Scanner). I need to make changes to the tune and now my laptop won't save the edited file because it says that I don't have a license. I'm guessing this is because the original file was created using my friend's laptop?
    I entered his application key into my laptop and it did nothing. What have I done?
    Last edited by sperkins; 03-20-2018 at 02:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

HP Tuners Support Corey@HPTuners's Avatar
    You need to use the interface that you licensed the vehicle on and the application key that goes with it.

Tuner in Training
    I'm using the original interface and the application key that goes with it, but it still says that I don't have a license. Did my license get wiped out when we wrote to it using another app key with my interface?

HP Tuners Support Corey@HPTuners's Avatar
    Send in an infolog while connected to vehicle and the tune file to [email protected] and we can take a closer look at what is going on.

Tuner in Training
    Update. I pulled one of the original unmodified tunes that I copied from the car two years ago and tried to edit it, but I still get the licensing error. The only difference is that I am using a different laptop than the one that I licensed the car with.
    The laptop that I used to years ago is dead. I paid for the credits already. How do I use them now with my new laptop?

Tuner in Training
    Under license information, paid licenses, there is nothing listed.

Tuning Addict
    I had a lot of application key errors this last week on one where I was switching between interfaces and it wouldn't recognize any of my interfaces even with the right key... It "seems" like one of the last beta updates fixed the issue I was having, but what I was having to do and found to work quite decently was I was having to connect to the vehicle in question, do an info log, copy the application key out of the info log by highlighting it and then pasting that back into the application key area in both the editor and scanner - no letters, dashes or anything would change, but "usually" everything would go back to working... Sometimes I had to close everything, reopen and then repeat - even had to cycle connections to the interface once, but was always able to get it back and then like I said - not todays update, but yesterdays - everything went back to working normally...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    I downloaded the software to my new laptop this week so I would think it's the most current version, but it appears the drivers didn't install properly.