Thread: Load based fueling - E67

Load based fueling - E67

Is there a way to used closed loop fueling for low load, and at a certain threshold switch to load (MAP, CAM, etc) based fueling in open loop? PE commanded lambda is not enough and does not consider load, only engine speed.

I believe the custom OS can do this, but HPTuners has stated they will not offer a Custom OS for my application.

Any known way to do this with an E67, factory OS.

Do any LSA, ZL1, CTS-V OS have this ability? Seems like it would be important for boost.
    Last edited by griffincox; 03-21-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Best to dial in the pedal settings while SD tuning with a dyno. Pedal settings are airflow / load settings for PE.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Best to dial in the pedal settings while SD tuning with a dyno. Pedal settings are airflow / load settings for PE.
    I understand that the pedal is the load switch for PE, but still no control over fueling based on load. Want to be able to control fuel differently at different load regions.

Tuning Addict
    But that is exactly what the pedal setting is - it's not a tps of pedal - it's a percent of airflow... All you have to do is log commanded EQ as your tuning in SD using your eddy brake for each rpm point - I always try to set pedal for PE up so it goes straight to PE around 2 or 3 psi of boost... Then I use the actual commanded EQ table to command leaner EQ's at certain lower rpms... Everything works out fine that way... Now if your looking to be a specific air fuel or lambda at a specific boost, then a lot of the earlier ZL1 or CTSV's had the 2bar patch... Was never necessary, but they are out there...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuning Addict
    Here's one for example...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    But that is exactly what the pedal setting is - it's not a tps of pedal - it's a percent of airflow... All you have to do is log commanded EQ as your tuning in SD using your eddy brake for each rpm point - I always try to set pedal for PE up so it goes straight to PE around 2 or 3 psi of boost... Then I use the actual commanded EQ table to command leaner EQ's at certain lower rpms... Everything works out fine that way... Now if your looking to be a specific air fuel or lambda at a specific boost, then a lot of the earlier ZL1 or CTSV's had the 2bar patch... Was never necessary, but they are out there...
    If you can expand a little on the first part I would appreciate it. Are you referring to table [ECM] 12420 - Hot Power Enrich Enable TPS Threshold vs. RPM: These tables define the minimum TPS vs. RPM that the VCM requires to enter WOT and is required to enable PE mode.? I understand that above the specified TPS, PE will enable. PE fueling is dictated by [ECM] 12400 - Power Enrich EQ Ratio vs. RPM: This is the main table that is used to tune WOT fuel. The last part "WOT fuel" is my main concern. I want to have a finer and more varied control of fueling between low load and WOT load.

And on the second part: "a specific air fuel or lambda at a specific boost" that is what I am looking for. Basically determining commanded lambda based on anything but rpm. Cyl air mass, MAP, even throttle... Any would be sweet.

So the ZL1 or CTS-V OS could manage commanded lambda vs load? With or without a 2 bar patch? Any indication of how this was managed? What should i look for in that file?

I found this (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Differences):
    2.5 Bar MAP - Speed Density (E38/E67 ECM)This enhancement contains the following features:
    2.5 bar (255 kPa) max MAP sensor support (calibration capability for GM 0-5V linear MAP sensors)
    Rescaled High MAF table supports up to 15400 Hz with 300 Hz resolution, also supports airflow up to 1024 g/sec
    New VE tables with 33 x 33 cell resolution each and configurable MAP and RPM axes (choose your own resolution)
    Charge Temperature based VE multiplier table, configurable axis
    TPS based VE multiplier table, 33 x 17 cells with configurable TPS and RPM axes
    MAP referenced "Boost Enrich" table
    Boost Enrich MAP threshold and hysteresis value

Both MAF and Speed Density mode supported
    Boost based fuel cut, selectable MAP threshold cuts fuel to all cylinders when exceeded
    Rescaled fan temperature axis 163-250F (73-121C), stock is 192-250F (89-121C)

This seems like exactly what I need...

Well, I already had a license for my buddies CTS-V (2011) so i applied the patch and started digging. Exactly what I need/want!

May be a whole other can of worms and thread, but anyone have a clue what is involved with running this patched OS 12639469 -> 1250246 on a TBSS (2008 E67) with T42?