Thread: Any progress on User Defined Parameters for CM2200 from the group?

Any progress on User Defined Parameters for CM2200 from the group?

Just wondering if anyone has made any progress on using User Defined Parameters to allow someone to run their diesel the way they want? I am getting real close to switching to EFILive (even if I have to purchase tunes, ) to run code free. However, I would like to stick with HP Tuners.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Switch to EFI Live

That is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. Is there any way that HP Tuners can support what the majority of people want to do? I am sure the diesel community is so small compared to gasers that EFILive is the only choice.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

I'm sure that is why the user defined came to be however I haven't seen anyone using it for that yet, at least not publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    Switch to EFI Live
    What does that accomplish really? EFI Live does not support the parameters you're looking for either.

If you buy the user defined parameters can you import .bin files?

That is the feature that IMO is the deal breaker. For Cummins anyway.

Like I stated in my first post, I enjoy HP Tuners. I find the software to be intuitive, and easy to work with. However, I am unable to tune my truck the way I would like. The same can be said for EFILive, but there are ways around (like .bin files, or proper .ctz files available). I am tired of having a CEL light. Here would be my three requests for HP Tuners to support:
    - Importing .bin files (I believe User Defined Parameters could also provide what I want, but I do not have the skill to determine the addresses and values)
    - Faster flash time. Could it be reduced to 3~4 minutes?
    - Switchable tunes. More of a novelty for me, but would allow quick testing of various changes when on the dyno or track. I firmly believe with the 68RFE, the less the tune is changed, the greater the probability the transmission will live.

Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by BigCE View Post
    If you buy the user defined parameters can you import .bin files?

That is the feature that IMO is the deal breaker. For Cummins anyway.
    Please emails support a sample binary so we can look into it.
    The user defined parameters can be very powerful though it does takes specialized knowledge to take advantage of it. The feature in itself does not support binary import but we'll be looking into supporting it for some applications including this one.

That would be a great feature to have

I've mostly figured these out. I just need to know what parameters to define.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Please emails support a sample binary so we can look into it.
    The user defined parameters can be very powerful though it does takes specialized knowledge to take advantage of it. The feature in itself does not support binary import but we'll be looking into supporting it for some applications including this one.
    I have a .bin I read with my k-tag if no one else sends you one.