Thread: Bricked CM848?

Potential Tuner

Bricked CM848?

I have a cm848 in an 03 Cummins that seems to have gone brain dead, can read a serial number out with one scan tool but its stuck in rom boot and wont flash. Gets to about 58% on flash and then says Write transfer request- failed to start. I have another ecm to swap it but while Im here I have nothing to loose trying things. On a read, it doesnt detect a vin and wont generate a stock file either. I tried a smarty recovery file but get an error after 60%. Any more ideas ?
    Last edited by Burkej62; 03-21-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I'm very very new I don't think it will read you will have to write in order to get a stock file. one thing I have also been told is to make sure you have your battery fully charged don't open doors don't do anything when you flash your new tune. again this may all be known and maybe stating the obviouse.
    2003 Silver 3500 HO JTT/DTT w/Billet Shafts Automatic 157k, Smeding 62/68/12 divided, Steedspeed t3 3gen manifold, GDP Fuel Boss standard drive, GDP Remote Fuel w/Big Line, 4"-5" exhaust, Banks Ram Air, 22x12 BurnOut SS, 305/45r22

Potential Tuner
    This is beyond the standard errors, I think possibly the ecm has a damaged boot loader section or is corrupted. Best I can tell , if the smarty can?t recover it then it?s toast.

Disconnect both batteries for a bit. Reconnect batteries. Try flashing again.

Potential Tuner
    It was totally dead, just replaced ecm.