Thread: 10 Camaro LS3 with LSA blower tune review

10 Camaro LS3 with LSA blower tune review

Hi guys, I got into this job after a local dyno tuner worked on it for 3 days and gave it back to the owner, incomplete.

Car is a 10 Camaro SS with an LSA blower, long tubes, cats deleted, JLT intake w/ LS3 MAF, thats it. Car runs, you can drive it. Made 530rwhp. But had crazy lean AFR drifts on some pulls, and rich drifts on other pulls. That's why the tuner kicked the job out.

I pull the attached tune out of the car and start looking at it, can anyone look at this and help me understand what is happening here?

Notable tables:
    Gas PE EQ ratio 1.7 to 1.9????
    MAF table (stock LS3 data) (JLT intake is larger diameter and should require MAF data change)
    1 bar MAP data - he put the LSA ambient air pressure sensor in the manifold, and put the LSA 3 bar in the ambient position. Says the E38 will not read the 3 bar (false)

Is this a tuning technique I am not familiar with? PE table raping? My experience tells me to put final desired PE AFR in the EQ ratio table and tune the MAF and MAP for desired results?

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1971 Olds Cutlass Supreme
    6.0/4L80E;
    Single turbo - Gen 3 controls, HPT 2bar OS

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado
    LH6 5.3/M5 swap; Cone Killa

Not on my PC, but sounds like PE raping and that setup won?t be able to fuel it on ls3 injectors...

Hope they don?t have LSA timing in that LS3 either..

Did a very similar setup about 6 months ago... we used ID1000s and worked great...

The stock LSA injectors and E67 LSA data is in the ECM. The timing is 14-16 at WOT. The timing tune to me looks OK.
    6.0/4L80E;

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado

It doesn't have the LSA data in that tune posted, it has the stock LS3 data from the looks of it. LSA injectors flow 56lb/hr where as that table is setup for 40's.

I do agree that you should kinda start over. Install the 3 bar MAP, plug the injector data, commanded a better target WOT AFR and adjust the MAF/VVE as required.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you will have to redo it all over, and check the injectors installed, if there is 1.9 in the PE. that more than PE Rape, goddamn!
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Thanks guys, I am going to start over on this one.

I did'nt even look at the injector data yet, it was different than LS3 data in a file compare so I just assumed he entered LSA data. Geezzz. I hope this practice does not happen a lot with dyno tuners.
    6.0/4L80E;

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado

Tuner in Training
    Any time some one else has been in the data I Check all the important stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvv355 View Post
    Thanks guys, I am going to start over on this one.

I did'nt even look at the injector data yet, it was different than LS3 data in a file compare so I just assumed he entered LSA data. Geezzz. I hope this practice does not happen a lot with dyno tuners.
    Wow it just amazes me the more and more I see these things happening. Fire and forget mentality.
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

On a SS Camaro application with boost, I would get a hold of the 3.7 BETA software, and read the FPCM out and make changes on there too. They drop commanded fuel pressure as RPM increases stock.
    www.crawford-racing.com
    Home of the original and best selling CR-Fueler plug and play port injection controller kits for all GM Gen V direct injection platforms.

Thanks for the tip Veee8. I was able to get this one running really good in SD. Went MAF only, Scaled the MAF back 35% for the 123mm intake and its idling at 9.9:1 AFR on my wideband. Still working on this one, thinking the clutch is not going to last long!

No clue how the car was running on the tune I initially posted.
    6.0/4L80E;

2014 Sierra Denali
    L86 6.2/6L80E; HPT e85

2005 Chevy Colorado