Thread: LX9 Swap issues

Tuner in Training

LX9 Swap issues

Hello, I've been researching and trying to find anybody who has experience in tuning a 05 Grand Am after swapping in a 3500. Could somebody point me in the right direction? I also noticed how limited the VCM suite is in tuning for this vehicle, and have been looking for alternative tools to modify more tables and flags.I know Tiny Tuners in particular has many more parameters to modify, but HP Tuners no longer supports importing bin files, so that's a no go. Can anybody help me out here?

Tuner in Training
    you could Upgrade computers out of a newer impala. pullapart is great

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaldeddog911 View Post
    you could Upgrade computers out of a newer impala. pullapart is great
    Unfortunately, to my knowledge, that isn't an option either. The LX9 was only produced in vehicles with Fly By Wire. The Grand Am has a cable driven throttle body.

I was under the impression that this swap was a common occurrence in N-Body vehicles. I've seen it come up in multiple threads, but haven't seen any thread particular to 3500 swaps and tuning.

Tuner
    I just did an LX9 Swap, haven't finished tuning it yet but I noticed it has maf and ve tables. Unless your engine is heavily modified, I'm not exactly sure what else you could be looking for??