Thread: EOIT, bucking, and idle kpa

EOIT, bucking, and idle kpa

I've been playing with my EOIT as of late. Boundary set at 520, ECT set at 110.

If I add to it, kpa at idle goes up from 50 to 55 when ECT is set to 120. It feels like I've lost power across the board, so wrong way I assume?

When I use 105 to 95 for ECT it goes down to 48-50kpa avg at idle. It also feels stronger off the line and to about 3k.

Here's the kicker. I've always had an occasional buck or surge at 16-1800 rpm and high load (.60-.64). It goes away when I use values higher than 110.

All that being said, does that mean higher than 110 is the direction to go and I need more or less timing, or I need to adjust the fueling and go less than 110.

2010 GMC Sierra 5.3 FF with an unknown spec TSP cam.
    Hawk

Tuning Addict
    Why not both It's a 4th gen, so do both Retard it starting around 1200 or so - even retarding at idle is usually better if you add in timing... There's a few good threads for this on here...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

That's where I'm getting stumped. I've read all the threads and my head starts spinning. Is retarding it making the end result of Boundary-(ECT+RPM) higher?

Also, should I shoot for highest or lowest kpa at idle?

What does the bucking going away signify is happening in the cylinder due to the change in EOIT?

I'm trying to maximize fuel economy without sacrificing power above 2k since I cruise 80-85 below that range.

what are the cam specs?

Tuning Addict
    EOIT = Boundary - (ECT+RPM) / SOIT = Boundary - (ECT+RPM+Inj Pulsewidth+Inj ms Adder+Inj off time break points+Makeup Adders and so on when they apply)

Basics your looking for - most "negative" fuel trims at idle and cruise while still being able to stomp the throttle under load and it not go leaner than it previously was / typically retard as rpms increase / kpa - lowest number is usually the most engine vacuum - this changes with everything and wouldn't bet everything on it / bucking goes away due to fuel staying in the cylinder and actually "being used" when it's burnt vs burning in the exhaust giving the widebands or O2's false rich oxygen levels causing the ecm to then lean out the fueling even more resulting in really lean cylinder burns (this is also called "short circuiting" the fuel)
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC