Thread: Boost Math reading wrong

Advanced Tuner

Boost Math reading wrong

Just got the car tuned and trying to setup a good layout for datalogging. I've used the Boost Math parameter, but Im not sure if its setup right, because I'm only seeing around 2psi of boost, when I know the car is making about 10psi.
    Can someone take a look at my scanner setup below and tell me what I'm doing wrong? If the log and layout files are needed, I can post them up also.

Stock MAP sensor

Thanks

(my signature is old)
    Boost log Capture.PNG
    2011 Camaro SS
    Thompson Motorsports Dart 427
    ESS Tuning G4 Supercharger 1158whp/1017wtq
    DSX Tuning stuff

Tuner
    Log and layout files are needed. As well as tune file to check your linear offsets. If the car is the camaro in your sig, Stock MAP sensor only goes to 1 bar. Not sure how you can tune the car like that. Since pretty much everything is based off correct map readings.
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 03-23-2018 at 08:18 AM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    Here's the log and layout. I'm only running 10 pounds of boost, so seems to be well within limits of the 1bar map. The car runs excellent, so I'm not chasing down a problem, just want to get my scanner setup to read correctly. Also, I switched widebands, so the channel is wrong, so the afr is off. This wideband was not used to tune. Tuner used his own. Just looking to correct the boost math issue here....

Boost Basic.Layout.xml
    Redlineridehome.hpl
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by justhereforinfo View Post
    Here's the log and layout. I'm only running 10 pounds of boost, so seems to be well within limits of the 1bar map. The car runs excellent, so I'm not chasing down a problem, just want to get my scanner setup to read correctly. Also, I switched widebands, so the channel is wrong, so the afr is off. This wideband was not used to tune. Tuner used his own. Just looking to correct the boost math issue here....

Boost Basic.Layout.xml
    Redlineridehome.hpl
    A 1 bar map will only read up to around 120kpa or around 2-3 psi at sea level. You can see your map sensor pegging out. The boost math isn't wrong your map sensor is just pegged.

You have to keep in mind that the map sensor may read 1 bar, but that will only get you to atmospheric pressure. You need extra headroom over atmospheric to start reading boost.
    Last edited by sevinn; 03-23-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Tuner
    Your MAP sensor is maxing out @ 17.4psi. It needs to go up to at least 24.5 for your math to = 10psi...........You are running out of MAP sensor..............
    I've never seen anybody try to get away with a 1 BAR sensor on a supercharger......It is not going to work........Get yourself a 2 bar sensor Part# 0261230042 (TMAP 2.5 bar) 14 bucks........

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    Your MAP sensor is maxing out @ 17.4psi. It needs to go up to at least 24.5 for your math to = 10psi...........You are running out of MAP sensor..............
    I've never seen anybody try to get away with a 1 BAR sensor on a supercharger......It is not going to work........Get yourself a 2 bar sensor Part# 0261230042 (TMAP 2.5 bar) 14 bucks........
    Well then i guess im the first, cause it works just fine. Made 711/638.

Thanks for the info.

Advanced Tuner
    Well then i guess im the first, cause it works just fine. Made 711/638.

Thanks for the info.
    You're not the first. Your car just is tuned maf only so it wasn't an issue.
    Last edited by sevinn; 03-23-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    You're not the first. Your car just is tuned maf only so it wasn't an issue.
    Aaah, that?s why! Ok, so if i buy the above mentioned map sensor, will i be able to drop it in and read boost without interfering with the tune?

Tuner
    Probably. After you put in the correct data for the new sensors linear offsets. You really need a breakout harness with that sensor if you dont already have one. Since the part# I gave you has temp. as well. Makes IAT1 read in the blower manifold vs. Maf sensor.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    Probably. After you put in the correct data for the new sensors linear offsets. You really need a breakout harness with that sensor if you dont already have one. Since the part# I gave you has temp. as well. Makes IAT1 read in the blower manifold vs. Maf sensor.
    Thanks for the part number. Does anyone know of a 2 or 3 bar map sensor that wont require a special harness on a 2011 Camaro SS?

If not, where can I find that for $14, and who makes the harness?
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    ls9 map sensor - 12592525

Advanced Tuner
    You guys are freakin awesome. While you're at it, feel like showing me where to find the new calibration for this map sensor so I can update my tune?
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff

Advanced Tuner
    You guys are freakin awesome. While you're at it, feel like showing me where to find the new calibration for this map sensor so I can update my tune?
    A Zr1 tune will have it. You just need to get the offset and linear and plug it in.

Advanced Tuner
    off to the repo I go!

Thanks man!
    2011 Camaro SS
    DSX Tuning stuff