Thread: 2009 Vette ECS 1500 help

2009 Vette ECS 1500 help

*****DOWNLOAD THEN RIGHT CLICK PROPERTIES AND CHANGE EXTENSION FROM .HPT TO .ENC FOR TUNE TO OPEN*****

Looking for some guidance on this setup that I have taken over from another tuner(car is crazy slow):

2009 Vette Auto 93 octane
    ECS 1500 restrictor plate making a little over 8psi
    FIC 60s (injector data correct?) (IDC shows 100+%)
    boost a pump
    TSP LT headers
    No meth yet but it is installed. He hasn't decided to use it yet
    Running MAF and SD blended. Would like to switch to SD only and customer is on board.
    TQ management is all maxed he hates how it shifts. (Borrowed times with these settings?)
    Spark Airmass is off the charts. I'm going to change row axis within the tune on spark airmass but how is it off the charts already?
    It is running dog rich due to the last tuner having it in OL all the time (gets like 8 MPG...). I will be switching to CL and get this in order +-5%
    Also it cranks slow after it's been driven to operating temps.

Thanks for guidance as usual.

JoshECS.hpl
    2B New MAF.hpt
    Last edited by JekylHyde; 03-24-2018 at 10:39 PM.
    2008 Corvette
    UPP Twin turbo T4 67mm BB billet wheel kit
    427 LME Billet Setup
    Fore Innovations Triple 465 L4 Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    Pro Torque Bolt Together Converter
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Any reason you don?t want to use the Custom OS and do it in MAF mode??

Just did a 07 with the custom OS and made North it 1200hp

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Any reason you don?t want to use the Custom OS and do it in MAF mode??

Just did a 07 with the custom OS and made North it 1200hp
    Honestly like I told him I'm more familiar with SD and I feel more confident to get him where he will be happy with it this way. I know from what I've seen with these kits people hate doing MAF with them and having to get air straighteners to get a steady state. I know it can be done but can I get it done I don't know.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Alright swapped over to SD but off the bat had some issues with the new spark tables I redid. Obviously something I did car didn't like because it knocked like crazy just casually driving off the bat.(Accidently deleted this damn log). When he drives it with paddle shifters it didn't do it. So I changed back to the other spark tables but now in CL and SD. Says its pulling crazy fuel for STFT. I pulled over and took X by .97 across the lower areas just to see if it would respond. When the car uses the paddle shifters it doesn't knock but when you let it shift auto it gets a load in 6th gear and knocks. He said this was an issue before and was told to not drive it in 6th.....what is the magic to fixing this issue? I added fuel up top on last log from 135 KPA and above cause says it needed 21% more fuel from commanded. I didn't add that much but did throw some more at it and interpolated between that and the last cells. You will see the knock instantly jump on the logs when he jumps right into 99% but not nearly as bad if he rolls into it. Also why now that its full SD does it not go as high in cyl airmass 1.8X like first logs. IDC is some how not flying through the roof. Can someone please check out my DTCs for MAF and O2s to makes sure I did them right? Thanks for help in advance. First log is is first tune and then 2nd WOT log is changing spark tables back to OG and third is removing fuel down low and adding up top. I also see DFCO is disabled on his car and it seems way rich on decel do I need to set this back to stock?

2B New MAF(SD-CL)sparktables(2).hpt JoshECScruiseknockWOT.hpl
    JoshWOT.hpl 2B New MAF(SD-CL)sparktablesVEX.97.hpt Joshlongcruise.hpl
    Last edited by JekylHyde; 03-24-2018 at 10:49 PM.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Anybody???
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Advanced Tuner
    I started to look but you have me totally confused. The tune says its from a Z06 which is manual transmission. If this is really an auto car you need to get the original tune and start from scratch.
    2007 Corvette C6 Vert. A6
    LME LS402, Pat G custom cam, ATI 10% OD Damper
    Circle D triple disc 2600, 3.42 Diff
    YSI, 3.0 pulley, ID 1000's
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,
    1009 RWHP @ 7000, 817 RWT @ 6000

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    I started to look but you have me totally confused. The tune says its from a Z06 which is manual transmission. If this is really an auto car you need to get the original tune and start from scratch.
    Really bro?....Go pull a stock 09 A6 tune and tell me what it says...can I get someone that is not a damn antagonist and jumps straight to "start from scratch".
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JekylHyde View Post
    Really bro?....Go pull a stock 09 A6 tune and tell me what it says...can I get someone that is not a damn antagonist and jumps straight to "start from scratch".
    I will be nice and explain my thought there rather than do the Jekly and Hyde personality thing and be an ass.

You stated that the car was poorly tuned by another tuner. I went to look at the trans parameters because you mention an issue with driving in 6th gear. Because the trans section is from a manual car, and there are no A6 tables, I assume its not the right tune for the car.
    In a case like that, its usually faster and easier to get the stock tune and start from scratch.

This is just another case where trying to help is a waste of time.......... so carry on, and good luck.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Its all good and I appreciate you stepping in however, this a perfect example of why many issues go unresolved on here. Hey this is acting weird what could it be? Oh it will never work get stock file and start over.....instead of trying to explain yourself like you did in the second response. Or hey I was looking at tune and under Trans tab there are tons of tabs missing for auto like....is this the right tune? Did you DL TCM items? Might of gotten a different response. Hey you have a misfire and I dont know why...go find a new engine, install, and hope it works is a knee jerk reaction to something and doesn't sit right with me. You could potentially get someone to freak out or get pissed and waste a lot of time to be right back where they were. Or even go back to previous tuner complaining and look like a dumbass.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

This tune was sent to me off email via a ENC file. I have been working off of that file. Maybe I should hook up to his car and read entire and this will get me all the files? I know when I went to "write" it never gave me any TCM options. I only wrote calibration.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Got the full file by read entire so now we got the trans settings.

Took fuel out and did a quick log due to customer not having alot of time tonight. Car felt way better but needs some cleaning up for sure on VE. I don't like how the VE drops up top and this is where its dropping fuel from 5800-up. I tried making some sense of it but got frustrated and closed it out. Why would previous tuner have it drop off like that? For the first time it actually put me into passenger seat for first time. Few things that are odd is its going off Spark table again and IDC is over 100% again. What could cause this? The other pulls didn't do this. It's a little more boost tonight but would this make that much difference? Also idle has a slight miss it feels like but no misfires. This spark table just seems so odd to me with so little timing. Anyone maybe have something I could try?

JoshECSfull2.hpt

JoshVEGTG.hpl
    Last edited by JekylHyde; 03-28-2018 at 10:59 PM.
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe 60s aren't enough injector. ??
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,

Quote Originally Posted by realcanuk View Post
    Maybe 60s aren't enough injector. ??
    Yeah that's what I was thinking but on another log I put on here it was way better. If BAP is not coming on will you see it here or that has nothing to do with it?
    2008 Corvette
    427 LME Billet Setup
    FIC 2150 injectors
    RPM TH400/9 inch
    MaxxECU Stand Alone

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JekylHyde View Post
    Yeah that's what I was thinking but on another log I put on here it was way better. If BAP is not coming on will you see it here or that has nothing to do with it?
    Would think that would show in fuel pressure.
    Alky Control Meth,
    ARH 1 7/8 headers,