Thread: No Spark

Potential Tuner

No Spark

As the title says. Trying to get a (mostly) stock LS3 to fire up in a 2012 Camaro. Not seeing any check engine codes in HPT, everything looks fine but no spark. I did just finish changing plugs and cables to prepare for tuning it at the track tomorrow, but I'm not going anywhere soon it seems...

Did you plug the coil pack harnesses back in?

Double check fuses just in case?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Yep, wires are both firmly connected to the coil pack and the plug. Just verified in my truck that the new plugs/wires are good. (LM7.) Nothing else has been touched on the car since it last ran. I've been checking fuses with no obvious issues, going to start swapping some around.

nostart.hpl
    Don't mind the basic layout/parameters, I just finished wiping/reinstalling win10 on my laptop. If anyone has any advice on what else to check I can add it and post more logs.

Weird, the commanded throttle is 100% while cranking.

It won't fire if it's like that. Like if you fully press in the pedal while cranking that is for clearing a flooded engine.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Weird, the commanded throttle is 100% while cranking.

It won't fire if it's like that. Like if you fully press in the pedal while cranking that is for clearing a flooded engine.
    That cuts fuel correct? When that log was recorded was after a couple normal cranking cycles, I could smell gas and assumed it was flooded.

Issue has been resolved though. Went through the fuses, all good. I've got a tach adapter, and made a test port to make sure I was seeing a command to spark being sent to the coils...hooked up the O-scope, no joy. Turns out my tach adapter cable connection was right in the path of my ratchet. Guess I damaged the splice that was in that area, (Where the adapter box cables connect to the harness I made to tie into the coil pack harness) remade the splice and all is well.

Even if I don't get answers to questions that resolve the issue, typing everything out and trying to describe the issue to someone else helps me think through the problem in a different way. Really helps.