Thread: Lost TCC lock up when MAF enabled

Lost TCC lock up when MAF enabled

So I have been battling with a trans issue now since my trans has been corrected. I had a line pressure issue, and got that worked out. When I go to tune my MAF, I loose tcc lockup. If I keep the truck in SD mode it works like a champ. I take the exact same tune, change the MAF fail from 0 to 13,500 and load it and I instantly loose tcc lock up. I am at 100% lost as to why. I can go in the scanner, and force it, and it will lock up when the MAF is on, but it will no longer do it on its own. I did not have this issue before. I am wondering if I just need to move a few #'s around in the tune, as I have seen weird/odd little things happen in the past. ANY help is appreciated!

Here is the tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there any misfire? I Don't know the answer to your question. Just that misfire wont let it lock. Even if its not enough to throw a code.

I agree that it's probably misfires if it's listening to you through the vcm scanner controls.

1. Even with the misfire tables maxed out you could be having persistent "misfires." those tables are just milliseconds (or micro seconds, can't remember) between cylinder ignitions. If you have a big cam then it'll obviously take longer between ignition events.

2. even though it might not be throwing a code, you could still be sensing misfires. the computer has to meet a certain number of events in order to throw the code. like it might have to fail "randomly" 6 times in a second, for two consecutive seconds, in a steady state, in order to throw the code. If it just meets one of those criteria then it'll fail the TCC lockup but won't throw a code.

3. If you log the TCC lockup status and it turns out to be a misfire, then just go ahead and set the code to no error reported. it'll keep your monitor but allow everything that depends on it to function properly.

4. you can also just remove the misfire test. in your tune go to engine diag>misfire>detection and set it to 283*-284*

5. Scan misfire current cylinder mode 1-8, scan TCC lockup status, scan total misfires

If it's not misfire related I'll be surprised. Everything else in your tune looks right.

Thank you both so much for the help! I will do some scanning/adjusting and work as soon as I get a decent day of weather, and hopefully get this worked out!