Thread: 2017 F150 3.5 ecoboost WOT log

Tuner in Training

2017 F150 3.5 ecoboost WOT log

So I've got the Roush tune installed, and I wanted to capture a WOT run. When I went to do this I got a decent power loss and from checking out the scan I think it has to do with heat, can anyone verify?
    WOT.hpl
    Last edited by Joshuajcone; 03-26-2018 at 08:52 PM.
    Leaders lead from the front.

Tuner
    When you're logging parameters do a search for source and log anything that is a source, that will tell you where your limit is coming from. With that said to me it looks like you were starting to spin in first gear and hitting traction control causing the ECU to limit power. You also are running very rich initially, and then seem to be hitting cat temp protect and running even richer. Your torque source and fuel sources will confirm those two though. If you're worried about your charge temps being too high log manifold charge temp, most limiting for charge temp occurs at 150+ degrees.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I had added those parameters. I will rerun and post.

Tuner in Training
    Still pretty new to all this, looking at it I'm getting a good amount of knock on this when just doing daily driving, of course that slowed down after the engine fully warmed up.
    Roush Tune.hpt
    daily.hpl
    Last edited by Joshuajcone; 03-30-2018 at 02:34 PM.
    Leaders lead from the front.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuajcone View Post
    Still pretty new to all this, looking at it I'm getting a good amount of knock on this when just doing daily driving, of course that slowed down after the engine fully warmed up.
    Roush Tune.hpt
    daily.hpl
    That doesn't look very abnormal for the current Ford ecu's. They are designed to continuously advance timing until detonation is found or MBT is met, then based off that infer octane and control a host of other engine parameters. The knock sensors currently are generally very good and not only detect knock, they detect which cylinder it's in, as well as how severe. One thing to keep in mind is while timing is being pulled you don't necessarily have knock occurring that entire time, the ECU will keep retarded timing for a small amount of time to limit successive detonation events.

The log you have though only shows part of the picture, you need to log knock cyl 1-> 6 as well knock octane modifier. The first is obvious from the name, the second is the ECU's current estimation of fuel grade, -1 is the best fuel the ECU is calibrated to run (93 on your tune), 1 would be the worst fuel, probably something close to 85. It is not uncommon to see that number at something like -.63 when you filled with 93, gas quality varies quite a bit actually.

the only thing I see is the boost is raised slightly over stock. timing and fueling is left stock. even the 105mph speed limiter is still on
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Tuner
    Roush is having it advance the timing until knock is detected slightly faster as well.