Thread: P0315 Crank Relearn, No Park Neutral Signal w/TH400 , PSI Harness, 2009 E38

P0315 Crank Relearn, No Park Neutral Signal w/TH400 , PSI Harness, 2009 E38

Working on a gen4 2009 Suburban E38 swap into a 71 c10 with a TH400 trans (no PNS switch or signal).

Truck has P0315 crank relearn code and, HPT keeps popping a message that I can't use the "relearn" in the Scanner because I have codes!?

I've tried:
    1) Drive Cycles to Relearn (fail)
    2) Changing Trans drop down to Manual (Fail)
    -Think I need to actually flash a manual OS...boooooo, more credits
    3) Grounding Pin 1 on the PCM, which PSI has as a loose wire in their harness (Fail)
    -Saw no changes in scanner when grounding this

How can I tell the e38 PCM (OS 12630501) that it's in Park or Neutral using either a manual switch or, by jumping it somehow to perform the crank learn?

I plan to wire it to the stock PNS on the column in the c10 but not sure if I can without TCM and or some other magic?!?! Also read you can maybe use a Manual OS and it would work but, that's more credits .

Any help is appreciated, tired and stumped over here!

Thanks,
    John

No one? I'll be out messing with this tonight, any help appreciated. Don;t want to blow another 2 credits just to find out an M6 os might not work either.

Tuner in Training
    I fought with this forever but mine is a th350 and I had it set as manual transmission. talked with tech support and tried everything I could think of. I never had any codes but it always said relearn couldn't be completed with codes present. I finally gave up.

Potential Tuner
    I've got an 09 G8 (l76 / 6l80) with a 09.5 G8 e38 ecm (later model) and the crank learn will not complete because of a "vehicle must be in park or neutral with engine running" error - although all conditions have been met per hpt instructions. Have made no headway. Not sure how to tell the ecm that the car IS running, up to temp, and in park. Good luck!

I do the crank learn on GEN3 and 4 with a Tech2 which requires an ebrake and brake signal before the calibration will take place. On GEN5 I use an MDI and that system only requires the ebrake. As yours is a GEN4 maybe it needs both signals. Not sure if HPTuners has a work around for this but I have read several times when swaps could not run the crank learn without brake signals.