Thread: Operating System Question, Code Modifications

Lightbulb Operating System Question, Code Modifications

I opened a new tune file today and looked under the OS Tab. I see 4 boxes that have a Apply Mod. The first one is Speed Density -RTT. What Does the Enhancement do, change something in the tune files? I went back and looked at other tune files and found a 2008 Tahoe I tune and it has the Speed DensityTune 1.hpt Enhancement too. Did I not apply an Enhancement that I should have?

The others are 1 bar 2 bar and MAF. So what does the MAF do for the Enhancement?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So I am confused, I see the option for Speed Density under the IS Tab, but not 1 bar speed Density. Are they the same thing?

Also, on my 2000 Silverado already has a 2 bar enhancement from a year and a half ago, but the OS tab doesnt have the enhanced upgrade availvle

A 2008 E38 in a Tahoe does not have a 1 bar speed density, they only offer 2 bar Speed density upgrades as far as I am aware.

A file that shows just "speed density" means it's 1 bar because the other ones says 2 bar and 3 bar next to them. So the regular speed density OS can not support boost.

And if an OS upgrade is already applied the OS box becomes blank, you can not upgrade it any further without flashing back to your stock file and starting over.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So if I get the Speed Density enhancement, you get the RTT along with it right?

Also, The explanation of 1 bar enhancement says its good for Big cams. So if I got a stock cam tune and want RTT, Do I select the "Speed Density"

Last, I see and 4th box on the OS Tab that says 1 Bar MAF. I don't see an explanation for that on the RTT Page???

Tuner in Training
    i dont under stand i have 3 bar 1.2.3 and speed density as well to i click on them?

You don't understand what?

You never said what you are trying to do or what you want to know about the OS upgrades.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    this link is broken or long abandoned

so what exactly are the code modifications under operating system....is this something that is available from hp, or is what is in the box the mod's that have already been put into the ecm?

and what do they do?