Thread: Can someone PLEASE tell me what happened today?

Potential Tuner

Can someone PLEASE tell me what happened today?

Ok, after work I reflashed my TCM only. Nothing major, just added 15% to all of the shift MPH tables except for the Pattern A and Pattern B tables. As you will see from my attached log, it drove pretty good until it hit "The Spot" when I leaned on the loud pedal a little from a rolling start . It touched on the same area again very slightly as I was getting on the interstate. I am absolutely lost as to why it decided to pull so much timing without any KR happening. IAT was good, but you will see that too. Yes my IAT fluctuated some on the interstate. I managed to get a bubble in the supercharger cooling system when replacing the oil pressure switch. There was audible noise when I hit "The Spot", but no KR. I don't get it... Can someone PLEASE tell me what happened today? on a lighter note, she pulled 1.58g/s on the way to work this morning, had some KR in the 1200-1400rpm range about 40-80kpa. Changing my shift mph alleviated almost all of that. Yay . Thanks in advance for any and all input.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Suburban, LC9, 6l80E, 1-Speed Transfer Case, AEM Dryflow Air Filter, PML Transmission Pan, 07 Tahoe 3.73 G80 Rear Axle, 08 Avalanche 3.73 Front Axle, PML Rear Diff Cover, Stock Exhaust Manifolds, Magnaflow Direct Fit Catalytic Converter, Magnaflow Direct Fit Cat-Back

15mpg average with 93 octane e10 fuel. I think my 6l80 and the 3.73 gears need relationship counseling, or perhaps I need bigger tires...

Tuning Addict
    Only did it after changing the transmission shift points? OR has it been doing it for awhile now? If only after changing the trans, then you most likely have shifts at just the right times interfering with one another and it's taking out timing to detune the motor to try and protect itself... Other things that should be noted just looking at the log - did not look at the tune - your transients and/or VVE needs work - there are times where your pulling through an entire gear super lean after getting into the throttle... Watch out - they do go boom...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Seems odd too that it looks to have met the PE thresholds but it's still staying in closed loop even up to 3-5psi of boost.

Curious what the wideband is showing but it's not being logged.

Disable desoot mode too under the fuel tab, that will help prevent it from going lean once PE does come active.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.