Thread: Injector Timing Help (Actual Pulse Width vs Recorded Pulse Width)

Injector Timing Help (Actual Pulse Width vs Recorded Pulse Width)

LS2 new Cam 280 280 600 600 110 @ .006

Its a small cam and I have it running pretty decent but this is my first cam with this much overlap in an LS platform and would like to put some thought into my injector timing to try and maximize efficiencies along with the smell of course.

I have been reading through the injector timing threads for days, re-reading is still ongoing but I have come to one part of it that I just don't understand and maybe I'm putting too much thought into it.

Actual Pulse Width vs. Recorded Pulse Width
    From what I gather, "actual pulse width" is some sort of culmination of "recorded pulse width" and factoring in my offsets/adders? Wouldn't the "recorded pulse width's" be exactly what the ECM is commanding which is taking into account all of the offsets/adders already?

Please help shed some light on this for me as I may have completely misinterpreted the need for figuring "actual pulse width".

Thank you in advance
    -Steve
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

Tuner in Training
    I've been doing the same EOIT tuning for the same reasons.

From what I have come to understand is that the "Actual Pulse Width" = "Commanded Pulse Width" + "Short Pulse Adder" + "Injector Voltage Offset".
    1967 Camaro N/A SBC (10.19 @ 136 mph)
    2005 GTO PBM/Red/M6 - 6.2 w/ LSX-LS7 heads & LSX454 cam / Kooks 1.875" / Exh / Whiteline Bushings / etc.
    http://cole.balster.googlepages.com/home

Hopefully somebody can look this injector timing spreadsheet over and give me some pointers.
    2006 GTO and 228R-600 on 110 v3.xlsx

here is what my current factory injector data looks like against my new cam - seems to run well enough but hoping to improve on it.
    ITT - GTO 2006 Stock Settings.xlsx
    Last edited by mm_n_p; 03-29-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Senior Tuner
    i dont do too much thinking with all the adders ect i just use the commanded PW or a little more which puts a little head room in anyway because its never going to be spot on timing for each engine u will have to play a little with it, thats where if u do the initial adjusting to find richest AFR then u have a point u know is good and then base the rest from that, looking at yours with all boundary at 520 id put 85 in all ECT table and zero out the RPM if not already and see how that goes, u could even try ECT at all 80 if it helps keep it there if not then go back to the 85, then u can play with the 1500 and above boundary values to get cruise good and WOT but keep changes smooth, increasing boundary delays injection, the u can see how cold starts are and change the below operating temps toward stock if it helps in the ECT table

Input appreciated guys...

I've got this tunes Inj Timing messaged a little and will try it out. If it gives me a fit I will go back and ease at it like you suggested by simply bringing back the ECT to 85 and working my way out from there.

When you say you "add a little more" for headroom, what are you thinking, 2%-ish? didnt really think of that but giving yourself a buffer makes sense.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    at idle i just make PW for eoit calculation like 0.5-1 higher and cruise bout 1-1.5 higher and WOT i use what it commands, i setup idle and cruise upto 2k for economy and after i start to delay for WOT, im on boost tho so may act a little different up top just see what yours likes