Thread: thottle delay / dead pedal g35 ls3 swap

Senior Tuner

Exclamation thottle delay / dead pedal g35 ls3 swap

So, as luck would have it. I have another fun one. 635 coupe with an l92/ls3. bts stg 3 cam, holley high ram, 65 lbs injectors. yadda yadda.

What's fun about this is. pulls fine in first, hit second gear, pedal goes dead. {drive by wire} let out of it for a second, response comes back, and goes about it's day. If I slow shift it, it doesn't do it. Here is where it gets weird. The car has an OEM pedal in it, and the TB is driven off a CAN interpretation box to drive it. The harness is from LOJ innovations. They had stated "we get full travel of the throttle body and no malfunctions while driving, or any other conditions"

The ECM is from a 2008 silverado {e38} Correct me if i am wrong, which I probably am. Isn't the pedal to be matched to the ecm itself to avoid any funky issues. Lets say putting a 2010 camaro pedal in a 2008 truck would cause issues. Or is that something with the previous years external TAC modules only. If i were to change the throttle opening control to say a 2010 camaro, or truck, or whatever. Would an Reduce power situation arise, or not, due to the CAN box being used?

Could it be a delay in the CAN box itself?

Open to ideas here.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Senior Tuner
    for more info, the ecm was segment swapped to a manual trans as well.

Senior Tuner
    so, if i segment swapped the whole damn thing from the sierra to a c6 OS. what would happen? The VSS in the scanner is reading 158 mph btw...

Senior Tuner
    segment swapped whole thing. don't recommend doing that. weird shit confliction happens.