Thread: Factory boost contr?ller

Advanced Tuner

Factory boost contr?ller

Is it possible to get the factory boost controller to work with a gtw3684r, I?m having a lot of trouble dialling it in it will always go into over boost or under boost modes. Any help please?

Advanced Tuner
    FG I'm assuming?

when you step up to F6 turbo or bigger I struggle using closed loop boost control. I have more luck using open loop and disabling the cuts. see attached as example for boost tables and limiters.

FYI without the correct set up on turbine housing port/actuator you'll never control boost properly. If its mechanically wrong the ECU cant do more than its limits. FG is crucial to get housing, actuator and pre load set up correct otherwise through 4000-4500rpm youll see 20 plus PSI on 0-0.1 wastegate DC420rwkwMT.hpt

look at numbers in the gains and also in the limiters in the engine diagnostic tab under airflow.

try in open loop I bet you'll have more luck assuming your turbo gate and actuator is mechanically sound and not set up like airbox, cooler, no cat, std read housing, 16psi actuator etc etc

without setting the limiters up right and open loop boost control even an E-Boost wont work

Advanced Tuner
    Ill have a look at your file, I have tried multiple set ups turning off cuts and what not but these things are weird and will just throw a 100% dc when it?s boost target is not met. I?m tuning it in open loop I wouldn?t think closed loop would be an option with this set up. I nother thing that makes it over boost is when the torque command pulls timing on a gear change (auto) even at 0 dc it makes it over boost because of the lack of timing.

Advanced Tuner
    email your file [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    sorry late post here is the tune file see what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    make your underboost threshholds 20psi and your overboost thresholds 0psi.

max out P1227 threshold and timer in engine diagnostics>airflow