Thread: 2007 Colorado 4L60E

Potential Tuner

2007 Colorado 4L60E

I have a few questions regarding transmission control I'm hoping the community can help me figure out.

1. The VCM scanner is reporting 1 gear off for "Trans Current Gear", when in first it reports "2nd", when in second it reports "3rd", and so on? Is this something funky in the VCM, or is this a scanner issue?

2. The scanner reports "Time of Latest [x] Shift", and "Shift Time Error for [x] Shift", but the editor doesn't have the capability to command the shift times. Is this something missing from the editor, or something the VCM doesn't provide access to?

3. I am concerned that the shift time errors will cause a transmission adapt procedure in the VCM to modify the shift pressures. Does this VCM even support this functionality, or is this in the later models with different VCMs? Is this something I should even be concerned with?

This is a 2007 Colorado with a p12. The transmission is performance built, and shifts very quickly. I want to make sure that there is no other tuning I need to do to support the modified transmission. Is there anything else anybody here suggests I should look into doing tuning-wise?

I've attached the stock configuration file and a log file. I haven't done any tuning to the truck so far. Thanks for the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files