Thread: Speedo Stuck at 160 MPH?

Tuner in Training

Speedo Stuck at 160 MPH?

Hi folks! I was wondering if anyone could help me with this. My speedo gets to 160 and stays there on this one particular run only. Can someone have a look at my .csv file please? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This is a limitation of OBD-II speeds... The value that is sent via the standard OBD-II speed PID is only 1 byte and it maxes out at 255 km/h, which is 158.45 MPH.

Fortunately, we can easily use your GPS speed instead: Double-click on your data file in RaceRender's "Input Files" list, then go down to the Vehicle Speed selection, and choose "Speed (MPH)". This is the GPS speed, and will override the OBD-II speed which is used by default.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    This is a limitation of OBD-II speeds... The value that is sent via the standard OBD-II speed PID is only 1 byte and it maxes out at 255 km/h, which is 158.45 MPH.

Fortunately, we can easily use your GPS speed instead: Double-click on your data file in RaceRender's "Input Files" list, then go down to the Vehicle Speed selection, and choose "Speed (MPH)". This is the GPS speed, and will override the OBD-II speed which is used by default.
    Thank you sir, but why does it work the majority of the time then for me?

Below that speed, it should work fine. Or, if there's no OBD-II speed data present, then RaceRender would use the GPS speed channel by default. As for TrackAddict, most of the analysis and displays there are setup for GPS speed and would be unaffected (although it does have a OBD speed user option for the video overlays).

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    Below that speed, it should work fine. Or, if there's no OBD-II speed data present, then RaceRender would use the GPS speed channel by default. As for TrackAddict, most of the analysis and displays there are setup for GPS speed and would be unaffected (although it does have a OBD speed user option for the video overlays).
    Thank you for the info!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Lester View Post
    Thank you for the info!
    Shameless plug from my run that day!

http://youtu.be/HtueMkPy3Y0