Thread: 3.09 Demon Differential

Advanced Tuner

3.09 Demon Differential

I now have a Demon Differential in my HC. It seems the speedometer is right on with out changing the tune. Is that because the computer uses the wheel sensors and some how the computer automatically makes the adjustment for the different gears?
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

Senior Tuner
    2015+ ECUs are able to recalibrate to a wide range of gear swaps without needing a tune. Believe they can handle 2.60 up to 3.90 without needing anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Strange. By going to the 3.09 actually slowed my car down in the quarter and in top speed. It almost felt as though she was short shifting. We have it set up where if I leave her in manual she is to shift at around 6500 or so. I would not think it would affect the transmission shift point.
    2016 Hellcat Challenger, automatic, black on black with brass monkey wheels

10.13@ 140 DA 5000 feet
    2.75 pulley, tune, drag radials. 10 percent lower od crank pulley, 1050 ix. off road mid pipe. tune

I’d say because they use the output speed sensor from the trans more than the wheels to get speed, with that the computer sees the shift point coming up quick, you can’t set shift speed at the exact RPM especially in the first couple of gears because it happens quick so it commands and by the time it happens it’s a few hundred RPM later. Switching gears in the rear I’d say it is a perfectly normal thing to have to make some shift point adjustments in the trans.