Thread: E38 2 Bar VE Table

Tuner

E38 2 Bar VE Table

Anyone have a recommendation to setup a VE Table for the 2 Bar OS for E38 ECM? When you apply this patch the new VE Tables are filled with zeros. I was thinking of copying the VVE Table and then somehow extrapolating that into the new VE table as part of the 2 Bar OS, although this is not a straight copy and paste as the axis's are transposed and the reoslution is different as well.

Advanced Tuner
    Jay Blower base.hpt

copy paste that VE into all 3 tables.

should work to get you started good enough to start collecting data

Open your original file and in VVE table you will find the axis labels are underlined. This means you can alter their values.....the rpm column values should match the 2 bar EOS IMRC OPEN table values. For the MAP values, click the original row axis label and the AXIS CREATOR window will open. Click the down arrow in the Defaults window and 3 options will appear. They are 1 bar, 2 bar and 3 bar. Select the second which should match your 2 bar files values up to its 175 limit. Don't worry about the extended values. Once selected, your original VVE table should now match your 2 bar except transposed as noted.

I will normally apply an additional adjustment to this table as the look of the extended map values never look quite right. To this I copy the 85 kPa values and in this case paste them to the 175 values. Multiply the 175 values by 1.33 and finally interpolate between 85 Kpa and 175. This will extrapolate the boost values closer to the linear relationship associated with a fixed rpm value and increasing load.

Now copy with labels your new VVE table to an excel file. Copy tat table with the axis values and Paste Special with Transpose feature selected. This will turn the table and contents around to match you 2 bar EOS format. Copy the data portion from the excel file to you tune file and tune as required.

The first log/tune change will be quick and will most likely apply a global adjustment to the entire table to bring it in line with your setup.

Hope this isn't too confusingly written :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    ED do we have to set up the excel file? I got everything but got lost here in the excel file.

Oh i see the axis are different..
    Last edited by 02Ls1; 04-05-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1 View Post
    ED do we have to set up the excel file? I got everything but got lost here in the excel file.

Oh i see the axis are different..
    Yes, after you have modified the original VE table axis values to match the 2 Bar EOS format (but the axis will still be flipped), copying that VE table with axis and then paste to an excel sheet. Now we need to flip the axis so the data matches the 2 Bar EOS format. Copy the pasted table, including axis and then Paste Special>Transpose to develop the flipped table. Copy just the data portion of this table to your tune file 2 bar EOS VE table. Then proceed with the upper MAP correction per above.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

I'm going to bring this back because my question is directly related. I have followed Eds steps, and have successfully populated the 2 Bar VE table, but the problem is the units. The VVE table has values up to 6,281 and the VE table in the 2 bar reduces each value to a 3 digit number. How can i convert the VVE units to VE. Is the 2 Bar VE table based on 0-100%? The editor doesnt display a range like it does on other tables. Thanks for any help

Edit: Disregard. I decided to see what the 3D map looked like and the table populated correctly. I'm not sure why it looked odd when i first pasted the data.
    Last edited by Kfred 513; 02-24-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    2006 Z06, AHP stage 4 Heads milled .020", Superbee 103 Intake, RPM B3 Cam, Billy Boat Catless Headers, X-pipe, Alky Control Meth Injection

Do you have your file?

All of the 2 bar E67/E38's with the new IMRC open/closed VE table still have 4 digit numbers like the VVE did.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.