Thread: Thoughts on Post Injection Quantity

Thoughts on Post Injection Quantity

The current tune I am running has post injection happening while the engine is cold (using the correction table to fade out). I was thinking this may help with cold starts. What are the opinions out there on post injection quantity?
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

Some will use it on occasion. I have never run it in any of my tunes.

At cruise rpm it can help with economy, at any other rpm it is only there to keep the exhaust hot to keep the emissions down. If your exhaust is aftermarket you can get rid of a lot or all of the post injection.

Thanks. I did have it on for low RPM situations, but then faded out as the engine warmed up. I am thinking I will just completely remove it. The exhaust I installed does not have the oxygen sensor bungs. Does not having these sensors negatively affect the performance of my truck? Not sure if there is some hidden map referencing the oxygen sensor.
    2019 CCSB Bighorn - Excited HP Tuners finally supported Cummins CM2350&2450 platforms

No, the sensors are there just to ensure the emissions equipment is working, if its all removed then it doesn't matter.

Banned
    Improper post injection tuning can have large negative affect on economy if post injection is used