Thread: 2012 Taurus SHO (Green Oak Controller)

Tuner in Training

2012 Taurus SHO (Green Oak Controller)

Ok, so for the past few days I have been trying to increase the desired torque therefore increasing desired TIP on my friends 2012 Taurus SHO. Most of my experience comes from tuning GM's so I am still figuring out Fords logic in controlling the EcoBoost. Thanks to Eric Brooks I am using the VCM Editor 3.7 Beta. I have done some reading here and there with no success this far. I was in the process of getting the desired torque up when I came across the Engine Speed Limit torque source. After browsing forum after forum with no luck as to what was causing the the engine speed limit I came across Metroplex's guide for the EcoBoost. I decided to try and follow through with it, some tables were obviously missing/in different places because I believe the guide is based on the Tricore, the guide is however claimed to be good for 2011 and later vehicles. After I finished building the file, I flashed it to the vehicle and tried to go for a drive. The vehicle would not start, crank/no start. I flashed the original file back to the vehicle and all is fine. So I looked and compared the files to try and diagnose. Only two possibilities I could think of at this point for causing the crank/no start is having either the Tip-In management or the Torque Check disabled. Ive attached the file that I was getting the Engine Speed Limit torque source (Boost Increase Attempt) and then the file I built based off of Metroplex's guide (Original Guided) which causes a crank/no start. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Also here is a link for the guide: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-Tuning-Guides

Original Guided.hpt

Boost Increase Attempt.hpt
    Last edited by Wondown5up; 04-01-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Did Eric unlock all of the tables for the 2009-2012 SHO/MKS? I don't recall saying my guide was 100% for pre-13 SHOs, but if I did, I wasn't trying to mislead and maybe said the theory could be applied. It's been awhile.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Did Eric unlock all of the tables for the 2009-2012 SHO/MKS? I don't recall saying my guide was 100% for pre-13 SHOs, but if I did, I wasn't trying to mislead and maybe said the theory could be applied. It's been awhile.

Apologies, I stand corrected, thought I did read somewhere regarding the 2011 and later. The crank/no start is still boggling to me though.
    As far as the tables being unlocked, im clueless as to what else could be added. I'm assuming not.

Someone posted on the Facebook forum that if you changed the MAP sensor settings without the right sensor it could cause the no start condition. My guide was written with the 3 bar MAP sensor settings. Just set those back to stock to run the stock sensor. If you want to change it out, just buy the same sensor as your TIP and use the TIP sensor settings because that is the 3 bar MAP.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Someone posted on the Facebook forum that if you changed the MAP sensor settings without the right sensor it could cause the no start condition. My guide was written with the 3 bar MAP sensor settings. Just set those back to stock to run the stock sensor. If you want to change it out, just buy the same sensor as your TIP and use the TIP sensor settings because that is the 3 bar MAP.
    I am aware that your guide does have that step in it, however I did not utilize those settings. I did verify with the vcm scanner, ignition on engine off that the map sensor read 14.4 psi, right in line with the baro.