Thread: E67 IMRC VE Tables Missing

Tuner

E67 IMRC VE Tables Missing

Hi, my previous E38 main VE tables were labelled IMRC open and closed as per attached. My new vehicle which has the E67 ecu does not have these tables (also attached). How do I show them, is it a software upgrade or similar?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The second picture looks to be of an upgraded 2 bar OS that gives you 3 regular VE tables instead of the 4 VVE tables.

The E67 computer you have now will have VVE, that can be found under the edit tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Perfect thanks!
    I've noticed my tuner didn't alter the VE tables when he tuned my vehicle, only the MAF. Should the VE tables be tuned even though it's a MAF tune? My understanding is that the VE tables are used in open loop mode (cold starts) and under 2000 rpm (dynamic airflow section) ?

If you can, you should always try to tune the VE or VVE. Like you said the VE/VVE is active at idle, warm up, part throttle and transient fueling. So to get the most out of the tune they should be calibrated up to around 4,000rpm or higher.

Lots of people just MAF only tune because they do not want to take the time to fully dial it in.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you can, you should always try to tune the VE or VVE. Like you said the VE/VVE is active at idle, warm up, part throttle and transient fueling. So to get the most out of the tune they should be calibrated up to around 4,000rpm or higher.

Lots of people just MAF only tune because they do not want to take the time to fully dial it in.
    Ok thanks. I've dialed in the VE up to 4,000rpm using STFT's. This caused the idle rpm area to drop about 15% of fuel. In effect has made the cold start a little rough/leaner.
    Can this be solved by simply adjusting the OLFA park and drive tables to a higher value? Say 15% richer?

Use the STFT + LTFT and not just STFT, I feel it's more accurate. You also must make sure the MAF sensor is fully disabled if you are even attempting to tune the VVE or VE.

Or use a wideband sensor that is much faster and more accurate. Then a little fuel trim clean up can be done afterwards.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Use the STFT + LTFT and not just STFT, I feel it's more accurate. You also must make sure the MAF sensor is fully disabled if you are even attempting to tune the VVE or VE.

Or use a wideband sensor that is much faster and more accurate. Then a little fuel trim clean up can be done afterwards.
    Yes I've disabled MAF, i.e. made the frequency start at 200hz, rpm starts at 8000, P101-P103 codes set to 1st error, disabled LTFT and DFCO.
    If the STFT+LTFT method fails, is the OLFA table responsible for cold start?