Thread: TB closing speed?

Advanced Tuner

TB closing speed?

08 caliber srt

Any problems to be wary of when changing tb blade speeds? Mainly for closing response. Id like a crisper closing speed but dont want to cause the system to freak out.
    It may not be a nuisance to many but to me it is annoying for how delayed the reaction is when lefting off the throttle. If i wanted a slow response id use cruise control lol.
    I have a burrito in my colon, yet refried beans come out...
    How i know it's from the same meal? I didn't ingest corn any other time.

Advanced Tuner
    With a stock TB, I skewed the numbers regarding the three ares tables for airflow [Desired TB, large, & small].

It seems less "aggressive" but in a good way I suppose. Without comparing timeslips or a dyno spit out, I am unable to say if it actually gained any performance benefits regarding power output. What does mess with the trial of it are ambient temps. Until the coolant has reached target temps, it will not go into full boost no mater what, which I am fine with.. just takes a long time when it's at or below freezing temps... even worse when trying to shift into a lower gear to enter on the freeway if it's not yet warmed up. Minds well leave it it 6th lol.

With the adjustments I made in those tables, I am now looking more into the TB blade closing speed. I'd like to have it close at a faster rate over the original rates it is set at now, but I dont want to wake up a slew of necessary changes... especially want to avoid REP issues.

Any one have experience with mopar stuff dealing with the TB speed settings?

Tuner
    In CMR theres adjustments in the idle area for decay rate. Bigger numbers closes it faster. I haven't found that in HP tuners yet. They might add them for you and it sure wont hurt to ask.

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you for the feedback! Will have to check again and then check with support if it is or isnt there and possibly adding it.