Thread: When Viewing "Zoom data range" Min/Max Disabled

When Viewing "Zoom data range" Min/Max Disabled

Hi guys,

I noticed that in both the stable and beta Scanner, when clicking "zoom data range only", both the max and min values buttons are greyed out. Is this a bug?

zoomdata.png

Support told me that this isn't a "bug", it's just the way it works. I asked why being able to see min/max values when looking at a zoom range vs full log, is any less relevant. No real answer. I was told they have a huge backlog of work and that this is not a priority. Basically "don't hold your breath"

Maybe if more people voice a request for it, they would escalate the request.

My example to support: I have a big log that includes sections of cruise, acceleration, idle, etc. I want to zoom in on just the cruise section to look at a histogram chart. Looking at the min / max will help me see how reliable the data is. If I see min / max of -20 / +25, averaging +5, I would avoid making corrections from that data.

It seems like a small amount of development work would be required to get this working. The min /max functionality is there, it just needs to exclude values outside the zoom range to continue working. I don't see a big hurdle there.

The issue is in how the min/max are calculated.

We cannot efficiently calculate the min/max for a range. You're best bet is to use the chart in conjunction with your analysis so you can see the mins/maxes graphically.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    The issue is in how the min/max are calculated.

We cannot efficiently calculate the min/max for a range. You're best bet is to use the chart in conjunction with your analysis so you can see the mins/maxes graphically.

Keith, that is surprising that you can calculate average for a range, but not the min/max.

Advanced Tuner
    Couldn't you export the zoomed section of the log and then open it up again to view it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben C View Post
    Couldn't you export the zoomed section of the log and then open it up again to view it?

You could. But for sure it would be more convenient to just be able to quickly zoom in and out to scan through data, vs creating a new truncated log, loading it, then reloading the original.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    You could. But for sure it would be more convenient to just be able to quickly zoom in and out to scan through data, vs creating a new truncated log, loading it, then reloading the original.
    For sure, I should have added to do that as a work around. It would be great if your suggestion gets implemented.