Thread: Need Help 9* knock retard stock tune ZR1 on pump gas

Potential Tuner

Need Help 9* knock retard stock tune ZR1 on pump gas

Can someone take a look at my log file and see if there is anything unusual? The car is a 2011 completely stock Zr1 with stock tune. The only thing I can suspect from the log file is the o2 voltage seems a little low for the commanded AFR when knock retard occurs. I don't have a wideband installed yet but it is my next step. I'm using California 91 octane pump gas. I'm hoping it's just a bad tank of gas.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    without much experience with US pump fuel your timing value, to me, looks very aggressive on the throttle hit.

the log suggests it picks up the rattle on your hit (43%-93%) and carries it from there.

that could be from a multitude of things. could also be false knock from over sensitive factory sensor gains. In AUS the LS9 and LSA are recommended 98RON only which is as far as I can tell your 93 gas equivalent

From several stock logs I've seen the past, they tend to run with knock straight off the assembly line.

Running 91 octane fuel could be a factor as 93 would be better if you had it.

The log shows high fuel trims too, double check for any leaks around the MAF sensor and clean the MAF sensor while you are at it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks. I'll check for leaks and clean the MAF sensor. I also noticed that the car was on the high octane spark table. I'll try and reduce the spark by 5* and see if that helps. I wonder how a California ZR1 survive a pulley change with 91 octane. One more thing, I noticed the KR was tapering off steadily from 9* during WOT. Does this mean the knock was going away? Is there a faster decay rate setting that might help?

They are suppose to use the high octane table and will use the low octane table if knock happens and will pick timing in between the two depending on the knock learn factor.

Like he said too, they do suffer from over active knock sensors too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.