Thread: direction of flow

Potential Tuner

direction of flow

Hi guys,
    I have a question if someone could please help me out. I've a 3400 v-6 in a chevy venture minivan. Which one of the tranny lines is the return from the radiator? top or bottom? or on the tranny, the line pointing horizontal or the one pointing down? I am wanting to install a cooler and want to get it on the right line. Thanks for your help, Keep on Gassin'
    Barry

You could try searching google for the model of transaxle you have in it, and probably pull up some diagrams. (a 4t65 maybe?)

Are you going to tune it? I have to know!

If its a 4t65e the line on tranny pointing down is the feed.
    line pointing forward is return and has a checkball in the fitting.
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the replies! To start, I wasn't planning on tuning the wifes minivan, just wanted to add a cooler for towing our camper. And I think that will be enough. I know if I hang out on these boards long enough I'd be tuning my 2001 5.3 Silverado, Huh? Haven't put a lot of thought into that, I do have a GMS handheld programmer for that and the truck has a K&N air filter, Gibson Cat-Back duals, and performance tune. I am a little hesitant to do the custom tune w/ the GMS. Thanks dudes.
    Barry

Confucious says: "1st step: Ditch the handhelds"

Id seriously like to see a performance tune in that van...running 11's mmmhmm

Quote Originally Posted by BtKirk
    Hi guys,
    I have a question if someone could please help me out. I've a 3400 v-6 in a chevy venture minivan. Which one of the tranny lines is the return from the radiator? top or bottom? or on the tranny, the line pointing horizontal or the one pointing down? I am wanting to install a cooler and want to get it on the right line. Thanks for your help, Keep on Gassin'
    Barry

What year is it? What tonage is the towing need? Shoot me a PM and I will help you out!