Thread: E85 Question

Potential Tuner

E85 Question

Ive got a 2016 Ram 1500 with the Hemi and 8 Speed. Its a FBO truck with a cam and turbo will be going on in a week or two. I want to switch to E85. Ive been told that the flex fuel OS update (which ive done) only works for the hellcat. I dont mind being on E85 only. Has anyone done it. Id like to have the ability to switch back and forth but its not important. Ive been told by my instructor to add 30% to the inj pw and inverse the other table and it will run, then put 4 more degrees of timing into it. Do I put the 4 degrees into the whole timing table or just WOT table. Also will this work by adding the fuel? What all else needs to be done? Anyone used the flex fuel sensorless function? Still new to Corn Power, and even more new to it in the Hemi. Any advice would be great. Thank you, Im still new to the forum but have been tuning a few years now. Mostly Dodge and LS stuff, no fords yet.

Truck has a Walbro 450 in it with Hellcat Injectors. At WOT on 93 @ 6300 RPM its using 37% of the injector.
    Last edited by SlamRam; 04-03-2018 at 08:54 PM.

Tuner
    You'll also need to change the 3 closed loop FA stoich tables. I'm not sure I would just add timing everywhere. From what I've read E85 likes less timing in low load areas. Can't speak from experience nor do I understand why that would be