Thread: fg shutting off after 2sec with manual tune, not auto

Advanced Tuner

fg shutting off after 2sec with manual tune, not auto

so recently I converted my egas fg to petrol which i'd previously put a tr6060 in.
    the egas ecu had no dramas running a manual tune.
    at the moment I don't have the ecu paired but it shouldn't matter with this issue.
    I still have the auto egas loom, I just modded to suit manual, plastic inlet manifold and added the injector harness.
    i'm using an ecolpi ecu with an fg1 tune, have tried an xr6t zf6 base with na manual settings and it runs fine with auto enabled (with all the torque management/rpm limiters removed and it works fine, no issues.
    if I change the trans settings to manual, it will start then turn off 2sec later just like a pats issue, but ive tried all pats combos.

ive done the same with a factory manual non turbo tune, same deal. as soon as I enable auto, it runs fine.
    this is the same with a 5spd auto tune.

I've gone over wiring diagrams, all the pdf in the factory manual over and over again to see if I'm missing something.
    wired in a clutch pedal switch, no change.

one thing is that I had to change the starter wiring as no matter what I did with pats settings etc I wasn't able to get the ecu to output a start signal to the starter relay, so I used the factory start signal wire from the barrel on a relay to start it.
    ive done data logs with hp and with ids and found nothing at all.
    I've tried changing the wiring back to factory but still no good.

I've had this issue in the swaps I do, but just got around the 5spd tune by leaving auto enabled. I don't recall it happening with a normal zf6/manual tune, but it obviously seems to be the same issue affecting all tunes.
    shits a bit more tricky cause of how much of a bastard child the egas fg is, a fair bit of the wiring and software is set up differently.

realllly out of ideas here lol so if you have any suggestions no matter how left field they are, I'm keen to have a crack.
    i'll post the logs I have bit later.

cheers

Advanced Tuner
    post your 2 files and logs of the issue and of it without the issue

Advanced Tuner
    it does it with a 100% factory tune, I'm leaning more towards it being something wiring related but thought id post to see if anyone else had come across it.
    ill post tunes/logs of the laptop soon.

Advanced Tuner
    i dont have a log from before the car was started for with auto enabled (the tune where the car starts and runs fine) but the log here begins like 2 sec after the car was started.
    this is a factory manual tune, all i did was disable pats, set the speedo settings correctly, with manual enabled it will start and run for 2-3 seconds then shut down.
    the only difference in the tune is enabling the auto, and it starts and runs fine.

i havent been able to get any codes but i'll have to check with forscan or torque as hptuners is obviously shithouse at recognising codes.
    even though i've gone over the wiring diagrams and pinouts a thousand times, i figure the issue is more because i'm using an auto fg egas loom modded to suit manual, with injectors added and pedal wiring changed as its different between egas and petrol pcm.

would be good to get my hands on a manual loom and have a suss...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    turns out manual tunes dont like being hot wired or something lol
    i didnt realise without a factory fuel pump relay in place the start relay gets no power to be triggered.
    added 12v to the pin opposite the start signal pin and its all good.
    fkn fg! too smart for its own good lol

i can only assume the same thing happens with 5spd auto pcm when set to manual!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    turns out manual tunes dont like being hot wired or something lol
    i didnt realise without a factory fuel pump relay in place the start relay gets no power to be triggered.
    added 12v to the pin opposite the start signal pin and its all good.
    fkn fg! too smart for its own good lol

i can only assume the same thing happens with 5spd auto pcm when set to manual!
    I know this is a old post. Im 90% sure I know what you mean but want to clarify. If its wired up to use all the factory start logic in the FG pcm it will start and keep running?