Thread: LS1 transition idle airflow?

Tuner in Training

LS1 transition idle airflow?

Hey everyone. I have a 2001 trans am ls1/4l60e combo. normal intake,exhaust and a cam. The car is tuned other than having one annoying problem. It wants to stall mostly when putting it into reverse. I have the BRAF in park and in gear all dialed to be plus or minus .0xx on the short term airflow trims. The problem occurs right at the gear transition. It needs more transition airflow!! This is where the problem is. I don't see anywhere to add air for this? Jacking up the in gear airflow to prevent the stall is neither working nor the right way to do it. I have played with underspeed advance to try and help it but no dice. The problem occurs maybe 1 out of every 15 or so reverse engagements. Not nearly as common when switching to drive. SO, is there a table that I'm missing? Or are their any other tips you guys have? thanks for any assistance. TRICK PRO TUNE FINAL.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    try upping your idle speed. its commanding quite a low speed for any half decent camshaft.

also up your rolling idle rpm to your idle rpm. sounds like it just needs more air. give it some with base idle airflow or an air bleed or open the throttle and reset 0% and if it idles too high use timing to bring it down.

I know what you're wanting to do but I'm unaware of any table for that

Tuner in Training
    car is coming back in today. I'll try messing with this a little bit more but it already kinda has a "cruise control" to it. I may reduce the cracker airflow or just get rid of it and see what happens. thanks for the reply!