Thread: Car seems to not be enriching on WOT

Car seems to not be enriching on WOT

Bolt on 13 charger RT, worked through a neural network tune. on WOT no matter what i do the car always have a +18-20 fuel trim on the wideband. If i go back and add that to the pulsewidth tables, drive and let it settle it still asks for up to 20 percent. If i set all that back and try the VE method the same thing happens. on WOT 18-20 no matter how much fuel i add. part throttle i can get within 2-3 percent on wideband on with closed loop. To me it seems as if the car is not hitting power enrichment for some reason, it even feels that was as it feels stronger pulling part throttle than full throttle. im wondering if it has to do with the breakpoints i used because im not so great with nueral network style of tuning. Attached is a screenshot showing the high error. Also that log and the tune. All has been done using the beta

what i have tried
    1. Messed with pedel requests
    2. Messed with when WOT is supposed to be enabled
    3. Messed with tq managment
    4. Tried using the factory tables for PE as reflected in this log, which i know you would want to be close not exact to fool to get to the 12.5ish range. but again 20 percent off
    Nothing seems to make a difference. always that much of an error.
    Screenshot (2).png
    NEWACHRG.hpt
    18-04-06 13-23-56.hpl
    Last edited by bkg06gto; 04-06-2018 at 09:04 PM. Reason: wrong screenshot

where is your wideband serial input? what actual AFR are you reading from the wideband?
    you can add a channel for fuel system status to see if it's in closed loop or acceleration / enrichment.
    you can also monitor your pedal voltage to see when it is going into PE.
    2010 R/T 6spd-6.1 based 426 @ 12.5:1 NA, Howards Cam, Eagle ported heads & intake, 52# Deatschwerks injectors, AFR shaker, Derale oil cooler, Barton STS, SRT8 shorties/mids,BBK 85,HP tuned,Jet 160*,BT Catch Can,SLP line locks,DRL,skip shift delete,splash guards-alu dash kit,MP hood struts,BT Mopar nose-fuel door-sill plates, sequential tails,marker blackouts,392 chin spoiler,tint, T-rex billet grill, Pirelli tires, alpine audio.

Senior Tuner
    Use the reset adaptives special function in the VCM scanner. Have seen plenty of times where fuel trims are still remembering from a prior tune, only doing the adaptives reset or pulling the ASD fuse will clear them out.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm pretty sure that some of these PCM's will carry fuel trims into WOT regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    I'm pretty sure that some of these PCM's will carry fuel trims into WOT regardless.
    any way to fix this issue other than tuning open loop? I'm having a similar issue with STFTs appearing during WOT runs.
    2010 R/T 6spd-6.1 based 426 @ 12.5:1 NA, Howards Cam, Eagle ported heads & intake, 52# Deatschwerks injectors, AFR shaker, Derale oil cooler, Barton STS, SRT8 shorties/mids,BBK 85,HP tuned,Jet 160*,BT Catch Can,SLP line locks,DRL,skip shift delete,splash guards-alu dash kit,MP hood struts,BT Mopar nose-fuel door-sill plates, sequential tails,marker blackouts,392 chin spoiler,tint, T-rex billet grill, Pirelli tires, alpine audio.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chizzle1 View Post
    any way to fix this issue other than tuning open loop? I'm having a similar issue with STFTs appearing during WOT runs.
    Not that I'm aware of. I think most, including myself, try to get the trims really close in the cells before WOT so there isn't very much carry over into WOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jay@HAP View Post
    Not that I'm aware of. I think most, including myself, try to get the trims really close in the cells before WOT so there isn't very much carry over into WOT
    Understood. Seems random sometimes, this past weekend I did 2 logs back to back and one shows "0" all the way across the 95-100 kpa pull while the next, not more than 3 minutes later had "5". Only changes between the 2 runs were adding 10% to the fuel PE tables. No KR in either run.

Senior Tuner
    You do have fuel adders, I assume you killed off all the cat overtemp, knock adders, etc etc? Post up a log in your other thread and I will take a look, easiest to see if an adder is stepping in is if your commanded FA is different than whats in the tune.

I'll email it to myself and post it up later. My plan going forward is to drive it for a few days and adjust the VE tables by what the LT & ST fuel trims are displaying. That should get me to a decent start point for open loop tuning.
    I did have adders for knock at low rpm, but I'm not getting any knock at WOT.
    The exhaust over-temp and other adders are disabled.
    I'll look on the scangage later during WOT but normal driving commanded is 14.69

Senior Tuner
    I wouldn't do that, whatever you see in open loop during WOT isn't an actual closed loop measurement, its just taking the last known fuel trims from closed loop, non wot and applying it to your WOT fueling. Best to get those closed loop trims to zero and tune WOT by comparing commanded AFR versus your wideband and not use fuel trims.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I wouldn't do that, whatever you see in open loop during WOT isn't an actual closed loop measurement, its just taking the last known fuel trims from closed loop, non wot and applying it to your WOT fueling. Best to get those closed loop trims to zero and tune WOT by comparing commanded AFR versus your wideband and not use fuel trims.
    I should have been more specific: I will use the closed loop, part throttle LT & ST FTs to get a base starting point for tuning open loop (disable closed loop operation).
    I realize I will need to make adjustments for part & WOT trims, but I should be in the ball park using this method. I can log the AFR from the wideband to do said adjustments.

If there was a way to disable the STFTs from effecting change at WOT that would be ideal, the car drives great in closed loop part throttle now. No CEL and good plug readings.

remaining replies in the thread I started, don't want to hijack the OPs thread any longer...
    Last edited by chizzle1; 04-10-2018 at 02:24 PM.