Thread: 98 Intrigue with S/C wont start after cam/ported intake and ported supercharger

Tuner in Training

98 Intrigue with S/C wont start after cam/ported intake and ported supercharger

Hi,
    1st time poster and brand new to tuning. I have a 98 Intrigue with a 98 GTP 3.8 s/c and 4t65e-hd. Car ran and was tuned by local shop. Made decent power, just couldnt keep the tranny's alive. I got a new trans and at the same time thru in an XP cam and the ported intake and supercharger to go along with my intercooler to try and reach a 400hp goal @ the flywheel. Car ran with just the cam and ported LIM but made no power, with the addition of the ported supercharger now it wont even start. I have my fuel psi at 40 at idle, AFR is at 14.8 always. It sounds like I am super lean from the extra air flow. Can anyone point me into the right direction from where to start? I am attaching a log from idle I got.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My guess is a vacuum leak or something is unplugged still. The o2 sensor never bounces lean to rich as the rpm rise and fall when you rev it and stays at 300-400mv all the time.

It should still run okay even with the camshaft upgrade, it's going to require fueling adjustments with the MAF sensor still though. You'll want to get your wideband into the logs and add a few more parameters too. Add injector pulse width avg for both banks and cylinder airmass.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I got it running finally and took it for a drive. No power at all leaning to a rich tune from my last set up. My crank sensor went bad and the ICM wouldn't fire the coil pack for cylinders 3/6 and my O2 sensor thru a code once it ran down the road a bit. Tech II shows rich and doesn't match up to my AFR gauge. Now to play with the fuel and see what I get. Thanks for some guidance 5FDP.