Thread: Can't figure out what to change sputtering when put in gear

Tuner in Training

Can't figure out what to change sputtering when put in gear

Heres my specs so far for my 99 Camaro
    Gen 3 5.3 ls1 intake, truck map sensor, truck throttle body with iac and tps, ls1 mass air flow sensor, tsp 220r cam, ls1 iat sensor, long tube headers, 4l80e trans with seg swap, 99 truck pcm, ls1 wiring harness out of the Camaro.
    Car idles fine and revs fine in park or neutral but when placed in gear it chugs and afr appears to go super lean, ive changed base airflow tweaked ve tables tried changing timing what table am i missing that's causing my issue? Thank you for your time.

Tuner in Training
    Forgot to mention if i barely hold the gas car smooths out and will idle in gear but when i take my foot off it goes back to studdering and timing will jump from 30+ to -8 i can command 23* of timing and the issue is alot better.

Advanced Tuner
    Not sure of your issue but I've noticed with huge swings oftiming like that it's usually a torqmanagement issue. But I believe that's usually under throttle not at idle. But something to look into?

Post tune and logs with a wideband.

My guess is that the airflow model is still way off and the idle airflow tables as well as the idle timing still require more tuning.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Okay i will as soon as i get home around my computer thanks guys

Tuner in Training
    here is my tune file and log file if you watch towards the end you will see if i hold the throttle at 2% it will idle fine. Also My LTST fuel tables where not reading so I apologize will get that straightened out asap I'm hoping that wont affect being able to look at the log file for idle.
    Camaro Tune HP tuner upload.hpt
    Camaro For HP tuners.hpl

The trims won't really matter here when the o2 sensors do not function. Bank 1 is either dead or unplugged, it never changes from like 447mv. Bank 2 barely moves but does so with rpm increase, mainly it seems because it's running in open loop with the fault of the bank 1 o2 sensor not working and the tune file still being setup for closed loop.

Making changes to the VE tables with the MAF still active and still being stock will not show you the results you want. You'll have to setup the tune so that you can tune the VE in open loop with the wideband, then switch over to the MAF in open loop or vise versa. Both tables will have to be tuned. Then enabling closed loop function could be done with working o2 sensors. Once the airflow model is really close it will make idle tuning much quicker as you aren't fighting a major lean or rich condition.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for your feedback, i have bank 1 o2 sensor out for wideband to go in i picked up a bung i am going to install tomorrow ill get o2s working and figure out how to get it in to the correct mode. I am brand new to tuning and really surprised i got as far as i have lol.